Rejecting Plea Deal, Lindsay Lohan to Stand Trial
Lindsay Lohan has chosen to go to trial on her felony grand theft case. The troubled actress, who was accused of stealing a $2,500 necklace in January, insisted she is not guilty and has, on Wednesday, March 23, rejected the plea deal that included jail time. Los Angeles prosecutors confirmed to People Magazine, and her attorney Shawn Holley has since released a statement to the press.
"Ms. Lohan has maintained her innocence from the moment this case was filed and she has never wavered," Shawn explained. "Though many advised her to follow the safe route by taking 'the deal,' the truth is, Ms. Lohan is innocent; she has a strong defense; and we are confident that a jury will listen to the evidence fairly and acquit her."
Lindsay is now required to appear in court on April 22 for a preliminary hearing. During the hearing, a new judge will determine if there is enough evidence for a trial. If convicted of grand theft, she faces a maximum of three years in prison. She also could face jail time if a judge decides she violated her probation stemming from her 2007 DUI case.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal