Rejecting Plea Deal, Lindsay Lohan to Stand Trial
Lindsay Lohan has chosen to go to trial on her felony grand theft case. The troubled actress, who was accused of stealing a $2,500 necklace in January, insisted she is not guilty and has, on Wednesday, March 23, rejected the plea deal that included jail time. Los Angeles prosecutors confirmed to People Magazine, and her attorney Shawn Holley has since released a statement to the press.
"Ms. Lohan has maintained her innocence from the moment this case was filed and she has never wavered," Shawn explained. "Though many advised her to follow the safe route by taking 'the deal,' the truth is, Ms. Lohan is innocent; she has a strong defense; and we are confident that a jury will listen to the evidence fairly and acquit her."
Lindsay is now required to appear in court on April 22 for a preliminary hearing. During the hearing, a new judge will determine if there is enough evidence for a trial. If convicted of grand theft, she faces a maximum of three years in prison. She also could face jail time if a judge decides she violated her probation stemming from her 2007 DUI case.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- Rihanna Launches 'Star Trek'-Inspired Eyewear With Dior. See the Futuristic Design!
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana