Rejecting Plea Deal, Lindsay Lohan to Stand Trial
Lindsay Lohan has chosen to go to trial on her felony grand theft case. The troubled actress, who was accused of stealing a $2,500 necklace in January, insisted she is not guilty and has, on Wednesday, March 23, rejected the plea deal that included jail time. Los Angeles prosecutors confirmed to People Magazine, and her attorney Shawn Holley has since released a statement to the press.
"Ms. Lohan has maintained her innocence from the moment this case was filed and she has never wavered," Shawn explained. "Though many advised her to follow the safe route by taking 'the deal,' the truth is, Ms. Lohan is innocent; she has a strong defense; and we are confident that a jury will listen to the evidence fairly and acquit her."
Lindsay is now required to appear in court on April 22 for a preliminary hearing. During the hearing, a new judge will determine if there is enough evidence for a trial. If convicted of grand theft, she faces a maximum of three years in prison. She also could face jail time if a judge decides she violated her probation stemming from her 2007 DUI case.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen