Rejecting Plea Deal, Lindsay Lohan to Stand Trial
Lindsay Lohan has chosen to go to trial on her felony grand theft case. The troubled actress, who was accused of stealing a $2,500 necklace in January, insisted she is not guilty and has, on Wednesday, March 23, rejected the plea deal that included jail time. Los Angeles prosecutors confirmed to People Magazine, and her attorney Shawn Holley has since released a statement to the press.
"Ms. Lohan has maintained her innocence from the moment this case was filed and she has never wavered," Shawn explained. "Though many advised her to follow the safe route by taking 'the deal,' the truth is, Ms. Lohan is innocent; she has a strong defense; and we are confident that a jury will listen to the evidence fairly and acquit her."
Lindsay is now required to appear in court on April 22 for a preliminary hearing. During the hearing, a new judge will determine if there is enough evidence for a trial. If convicted of grand theft, she faces a maximum of three years in prison. She also could face jail time if a judge decides she violated her probation stemming from her 2007 DUI case.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed