Adele Returns to No. 1 on Hot 200 as Chris Brown Is Predicted to Sell Big Next Week
After getting kicked out of No. 1 position on Billboard Hot 200 by Lupe Fiasco last week, Adele has come back to the hot spot with her sophomore set "21" despite suffering 26% decrease in sale number. The Grammy-winning singer adds another 98,000 copies in its third week on sale.
Already sitting at the first position for three non-consecutive weeks, Adele might have to give up her place next week as Chris Brown is predicted to take over the chart with "F.A.M.E.". Despite some of bad publicities, he is estimated to sell between 250,000 to 300,000 by week's end on Sunday, March 27.
If the real number meets the estimation, this will definitely delight Breezy because the album will become his first No. 1 album. Earlier this week, he said, "I would love to do like a mill the first week, honestly. And that's really pushing, and I know that's pushing, but I'm happy with anything I sell."
Back to the current list of Hot 200, the highest new entry of this week is Rise Against. The rock band debut at the runner-up place with their latest set "Endgame" which rakes in 85,000 copies in its opening week. Travis Barker is the second highest new entry, landing at No. 9 with "Give the Drummer Some" (28,000).
Fiasco slips from No. 1 to No. 3 as his third studio album "Lasers" pulls in another 47,000 copies sold. "Glee: The Music, Volume 5" falls one spot to No. 4 with 43,000 copies, while Mumford & Sons' No rises from No. 7 to rounding up the top 5 with 41,000.
- "21" - Adele (98,000)
- "Endgame" - Rise Against (85,000)
- "Lasers" - Lupe Fiasco (47,000)
- "Glee: The Music, Volume 5" - various artists (43,000)
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons (41,000)
- "Never Say Never - The Remixes" - Justin Bieber (34,000)
- "Goodbye Lullaby" - Avril Lavigne (32,000)
- "Now 37: That's What I Call Music" - various artists (30,000)
- "Give the Drummer Some" - Travis Barker (28,000)
- Late Nights, Early Mornings" - Marsha Ambrosius (28,000)
More Adele News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen