Elizabeth Taylor's Final Resting Place Uncovered
The question where Elizabeth Taylor will be laid to rest has been answered. TMZ has brought up the report that Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery is likely to be the final resting place for the screen legend, who died of congestive heart failure in the early hours of Wednesday, March 23.
Accordingly, the 79-year-old actress will be laid to rest next to her parents, Francis and Sara, and close to Marilyn Monroe. TMZ has posted photo of her potential crypt. The cemetery itself is filled with other late stars, like Natalie Wood, Roy Orbison, Farrah Fawcett, Dean Martin, Merv Griffin and Truman Capote.
It is believed that Liz's funeral will likely take place in Los Angeles, but details have not been officially announced. Though so, Westboro Baptist Church unraveled on Wednesday that the anti-gay church has threatened to protest the funeral, considering that the late actress was an advocate for AIDS awareness and research.
Margie Phelps, a daughter of Westboro Baptist Church pastor Fred Phelps, has tweeted several attacks on Liz. One of her most recent tweets read, "SO knows No RIP Elizabeth Taylor is in torment for enabling fag filth & don't care! #WBC picketing funeral!" Another one read, "She [Taylor] was a proud whore! Now she's in Hell Version Final.0! #WBCwill picket funeral!"
In a positive light, Craig E. Thompson, executive director of AIDS Project Los Angeles remembered Liz for her humanitarian works. "It's impossible to underestimate Elizabeth Taylor's impact on the fight against AIDS from the very beginning. We're simply devastated by her loss," he said. "Today, we've lost one of the boldest advocates our community has seen, but her tremendous impact lives with us."
The American Foundation of AIDS Research (amFAR) also paid its respect to Liz, who was its Founding International Chairman. In a statement, the nonprofit organization said, "Dame Elizabeth's compassion, radiance, and generosity of spirit will be greatly missed by us all. She leaves a monumental legacy that has improved and extended millions of lives and will enrich countless more for generations to come."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl