Rebecca Black Lip Synchs on 'Jay Leno', to Donate 'Friday' Proceeds to Japan
After appearing on "Good Morning America", Rebecca Black made her way to "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Tuesday night, March 22. The 13-year-old internet sensation sang her viral hit single "Friday", but her performance appeared to be a lip-synch.
Before Black, who wore a polka-dot skirt, purple top and gray sweater, properly held microphone given by Jay Leno, backing track of the "Friday" kicked in. It didn't seem to bother her though - she was all smiles when miming the rest of the words along with the song.
Prior to the performance, Black sat down with Leno for an interview, talking about her newfound fame among other things. "Oh, it's so crazy, it's so weird!" she said. "I've always been interested in music for a long time, and my parents knew I was too, so my friend told me about Ark Music Factory."
Talking about people giving nasty response to the song, she admitted that it bothered her at first, but it doesn't anymore. "I'm 13 ... so being a teenager, you care about what other people think about you. 'Oh, the world hates me, I'm gonna die!' But now I don't even read them, so they don't bug me," she gushed.
From addressing the haters, they moved on to discussing some famous people who supported her. She mentioned such names as Ryan Seacrest, Nicole Richie, Willow Smith, Joel Madden, and Simon Cowell. Talking about to the "The X Factor (US)" judge, she squealed, "Oh my gosh, he wants to meet me! That's so cool."
"Friday" has so far sold around 37,000 copies on iTunes and is currently sitting at No. 31, while its viral video has been viewed by more than 35 million people on YouTube. When asked what she's going to do with the money she got from the sales, Black said she will donate it to the Japan relief effort.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance