Matthew Morrison to Duet With Gwyneth Paltrow on His Debut Album
Matthew Morrison has booked his "Glee" co-star Gwyneth Paltrow for a collaboration on his upcoming debut album. Entertainment Weekly reported they are going to hook up in a new rendition of "Over the Rainbow", a classic song he used to audition for "Glee".
Explaining his song choice, Matthew said, "People kind of know me for that song now." He then added, "I wanted to do a duet with a female. I thought that was a good song to do, and we really did a different arrangement of it. It's a lot of strings, and it's beautiful."
Beside having Gwyneth as his featured guest, the Will Schuester of "Glee" has also tagged Elton John as another collaborator. Talking about approaching them, he stated it's "the hardest part of doing this album." He elaborated a little more, "I'm so not that guy."
In addition to working on a duet track with Gwyneth, Matthew also eyes to bring the Holly Holiday depicter to his tour. In a separate interview with OUT magazine, he gushed, "I'm going on a world tour this summer, and I'm hoping maybe in London she'll come on stage and help me out with a song."
Asked what song he will choose for his live duet with the "Iron Man" movie beauty, the "Summer Rain" singer answered that he hasn't decided it just yet, "I don't know, a Prince song?" But whatever they are going to sing, he is adamant it will satisfy his fans, reasoning "I think our voices blend so beautifully together."
Matthew is expected to release his album later this year. He has already rehearsed for a promotional tour, and gave his devotees a glimpse at what to expect from the forthcoming traveling show in behind-the-scene footage featuring him singing "Summer Rain" with his band. While waiting for the album release and the tour opener, fans can enjoy an album sneak peek on the following video.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage