First Official Look at Leighton Meester and Selena Gomez in 'Monte Carlo'
The first official picture from "Monte Carlo" has finally landed online. It features three female stars, Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester and Katie Cassidy, sporting glamorous looks and wearing beautiful gowns.
Based on Jules Bass' novel titled "Headhunters", the upcoming movie revolves around a girl and her best friend who travel to Paris, accompanied by her future, uptight stepsister. When one of the girls is mistaken for a spoiled British heiress, they are caught up in a whirlwind of attention and find themselves going on a dream vacation to Monte Carlo.
Taking the lead role, Gomez had to learn two different British accents, one for the real Cordelia and another for the impostor Grace. "Accent training was the hardest thing on top of learning lines," the 18-year-old star, who uses "Monte Carlo" to take "baby steps" for building her movie resume, claims.
Gomez also hints that her co-star Meester's role will be different from the spoiled Blair Waldorf on "Gossip Girl". "Leighton does such a good job, and I can't wait for people to see her in a different light," she gushes.
Principal photography was taken in several places including Paris, France and Monaco, Italy last year. Male stars like Cory Monteith and Luke Bracey are additionally among the cast ensemble of the romantic comedy which is directed by Thomas Bezucha, and set to arrive in the U.S. on July 1.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child