First Official Look at Leighton Meester and Selena Gomez in 'Monte Carlo'
The first official picture from "Monte Carlo" has finally landed online. It features three female stars, Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester and Katie Cassidy, sporting glamorous looks and wearing beautiful gowns.
Based on Jules Bass' novel titled "Headhunters", the upcoming movie revolves around a girl and her best friend who travel to Paris, accompanied by her future, uptight stepsister. When one of the girls is mistaken for a spoiled British heiress, they are caught up in a whirlwind of attention and find themselves going on a dream vacation to Monte Carlo.
Taking the lead role, Gomez had to learn two different British accents, one for the real Cordelia and another for the impostor Grace. "Accent training was the hardest thing on top of learning lines," the 18-year-old star, who uses "Monte Carlo" to take "baby steps" for building her movie resume, claims.
Gomez also hints that her co-star Meester's role will be different from the spoiled Blair Waldorf on "Gossip Girl". "Leighton does such a good job, and I can't wait for people to see her in a different light," she gushes.
Principal photography was taken in several places including Paris, France and Monaco, Italy last year. Male stars like Cory Monteith and Luke Bracey are additionally among the cast ensemble of the romantic comedy which is directed by Thomas Bezucha, and set to arrive in the U.S. on July 1.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal