Rebecca Black Surpasses Lady GaGa on YouTube, to Appear on 'Jay Leno'
It seems that more people have dug Rebecca Black's song "Friday" over the weekend despite its negative reviews. By Monday, March 21, viral video of the weekend anthem has been viewed by over 30 million people. According to reports, it surpassed Lady GaGa's clip.
The Mother Monster reportedly trails behind the 13-year-old girl by 8 millions on YouTube - her "Born This Way" video has been watched 22 million times. More impressively, the "Friday" video was released just roughly a week ago and it cost only $2,000 to make.
As if creating viral buzz is not enough, Rebecca Black is now set to invade TV screen and printed publication. She is scheduled to appear on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on March 22, and recently did a photohoot for People magazine. "Photoshoot with @peoplemag right now! SO MUCH FUN!! Also jammin' to my man, @justinbieber <3 SHAWTY MANE!(;" she tweeted over the weekend.
Last week, Rebecca appeared on "Good Morning America", performing an unplugged version of the single and talking about Justin Bieber and haters among other things. "I have Bieber fever, I am in love with Justin Bieber," she gushed. "That would just be...oh my gosh, just thinking of it gives me butterflies. ... Justin, if you're watching this right now, would you do a duet with me? That would be unreal, that would just make my life."
The young girl also defended "Friday" which comes under critics' attacks due to its inane lyrics. "It's a catchy song," she said. Talking about criticism over her singing skill, she stated, "I think I have talent on some level, I don't think I'm the worst singer, but I don't think I'm the best singer."
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle