Bradley Cooper's 'Limitless' Unchallenged at Box Office as Other Newcomers Flop
"Limitless" has come out as a winner at North American Box Office on its first weekend. The paranoia-fueled action thriller that stars Bradley Cooper grosses a better-than-expected $18.9 million and earns a respectable B+ grade from CinemaScore moviegoers.
"Rango" manages to maintain its position on number two with $15.1 million, or dropping only about 32.2% from last weekend's revenue. It appears to be benefiting from positive word-of-mouth though it is rated C+ by CinemaScore.
Last week's champion "Battle: Los Angeles" jumps down two places to number three with $14.5 million revenue. The action sci-fi movie has collected a total of $60.5 million from domestic ticket sales.
The other big newcomers, "The Lincoln Lawyer" and "Paul", are racing for the fourth spot. The Matthew McConaughey-starring drama currently leads with $13.2 million, while the raunchy sci-fi comedy follows with $13 million.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for March 18-20:
- "Limitless" - $18.9 million
- "Rango" - $15.1 million
- "Battle: Los Angeles" - $14.5 million
- "The Lincoln Lawyer" - $13.2 million
- "Paul" - $13 million
- "Red Riding Hood" - $7.2 million
- "The Adjustment Bureau" - $5.8 million
- "Mars Needs Moms!" - $5.3 million
- "Beastly" - $3.2 million
- "Hall Pass" - $2.6 million
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune