Bradley Cooper's 'Limitless' Unchallenged at Box Office as Other Newcomers Flop
"Limitless" has come out as a winner at North American Box Office on its first weekend. The paranoia-fueled action thriller that stars Bradley Cooper grosses a better-than-expected $18.9 million and earns a respectable B+ grade from CinemaScore moviegoers.
"Rango" manages to maintain its position on number two with $15.1 million, or dropping only about 32.2% from last weekend's revenue. It appears to be benefiting from positive word-of-mouth though it is rated C+ by CinemaScore.
Last week's champion "Battle: Los Angeles" jumps down two places to number three with $14.5 million revenue. The action sci-fi movie has collected a total of $60.5 million from domestic ticket sales.
The other big newcomers, "The Lincoln Lawyer" and "Paul", are racing for the fourth spot. The Matthew McConaughey-starring drama currently leads with $13.2 million, while the raunchy sci-fi comedy follows with $13 million.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for March 18-20:
- "Limitless" - $18.9 million
- "Rango" - $15.1 million
- "Battle: Los Angeles" - $14.5 million
- "The Lincoln Lawyer" - $13.2 million
- "Paul" - $13 million
- "Red Riding Hood" - $7.2 million
- "The Adjustment Bureau" - $5.8 million
- "Mars Needs Moms!" - $5.3 million
- "Beastly" - $3.2 million
- "Hall Pass" - $2.6 million
More Limitless News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special