Bradley Cooper's 'Limitless' Unchallenged at Box Office as Other Newcomers Flop
"Limitless" has come out as a winner at North American Box Office on its first weekend. The paranoia-fueled action thriller that stars Bradley Cooper grosses a better-than-expected $18.9 million and earns a respectable B+ grade from CinemaScore moviegoers.
"Rango" manages to maintain its position on number two with $15.1 million, or dropping only about 32.2% from last weekend's revenue. It appears to be benefiting from positive word-of-mouth though it is rated C+ by CinemaScore.
Last week's champion "Battle: Los Angeles" jumps down two places to number three with $14.5 million revenue. The action sci-fi movie has collected a total of $60.5 million from domestic ticket sales.
The other big newcomers, "The Lincoln Lawyer" and "Paul", are racing for the fourth spot. The Matthew McConaughey-starring drama currently leads with $13.2 million, while the raunchy sci-fi comedy follows with $13 million.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for March 18-20:
- "Limitless" - $18.9 million
- "Rango" - $15.1 million
- "Battle: Los Angeles" - $14.5 million
- "The Lincoln Lawyer" - $13.2 million
- "Paul" - $13 million
- "Red Riding Hood" - $7.2 million
- "The Adjustment Bureau" - $5.8 million
- "Mars Needs Moms!" - $5.3 million
- "Beastly" - $3.2 million
- "Hall Pass" - $2.6 million
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors