Chris Brown Disappointed, But Not Embarrassed by Nude Photo
Chris Brown has addressed his recent naked picture scandal. The "I Can Transform Ya" singer said in an interview with Washington's Hot 99.5 radio station on Thursday, March 17 he was not embarrassed by the leak, but when stopping by MTV News a day after, he did admit he was disappointed.
"Let me be honest with you. I didn't want to put no pictures out; that's not my intention," explained the 21-year-old. "A lot of people were saying, 'Yo, he leaked the pictures, he was trying to get promotion.' For me, I was always a singer, so unless I'm planning on trying to do porn, I don't think I'd want to just leak my wang out to the world before my album comes out."
"It was disappointing to me that it was out, because I was like, 'Man, now it's gonna [look like] a gimmick behind it,' " he said as referring to the promotional run of his new album, "F.A.M.E.", which will be out in the U.S. stores on March 22. "And I don't want a gimmick behind anything that I'm doing."
Asked whether he will be more cautious following the scandal, Chris responded, "Nah, I'm just living life, I'm just gonna have fun At this point, there's no more insecurities with me. Everything's out on the table. You've seen everything! Also, as an artist I'm free with my music. I get to talk about the subjects I want to talk about and also reach people. So I'm just gonna live my life, man."
The R&B singer, who has said in his radio interview that "there's nothing else I can be ashamed about", added, "There's nothing to be upset about, nothing to be angry ... where I'm at creatively and mentally is great so I'm not gonna let anybody or any naysayer or hater mess that up, 'cause there's no point, I'm ... winning!"
Naked picture of Chris has surfaced in early March. The image, which captures him posing in the buff while standing in a bathroom, was taken by the former boyfriend of Rihanna himself with an iPhone and sent for sexting to one of his ex-girlfriends. After the photo hit the web, he took to his Twitter and tweeted, "WTF!!! Here we go!!!" He, however, was quick to delete the status.
More Chris Brown News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?