Robert Pattinson's 'Water for Elephants' Gets First Clip
The first clip from "Water for Elephants" has been debuted exclusively via MTV Movies Blog. It gives a preview to a fresh scene where Robert Pattinson's Jacob Jankowski is rushed through a speeding train by Reese Witherspoon's Marlena Rosenbluth as she wants to make sure Jacob get out of the train and off to safety.
In a new interview with the site, the lead actor shares how he feels shooting the movie. "It felt like it was kind of magical in many ways, because we were out in the desert shooting," he says. "There was nothing from the modern world around. It was a different experience for me. It wasn't in a studio or anything."
On why he decided to take the role in the movie adaptation of Sara Gruen's novel, Pattinson jokingly says, "I just wanted to show I can be Jacob too. That's the only reason I did the movie. I just looked at the name. There was an elephant, my name is Jacob - done." He adds with a laugh, "The next movie I'm doing, I'm called Taylor in it."
Pattinson's character, Jacob, is an orphaned veterinary student who is put in charge of caring for the animals in a traveling circus of a bygone era. He later falls in love with Reese Witherspoon's Marlena, a beautiful equestrian rider, but she is married to the troupe's charismatic but dangerous animal trainer August, portrayed by Christoph Waltz.
Francis Lawrence directs "Water for Elephants" with a script provided by Richard LaGravenese. The drama movie will be premiered at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles on April 14 before it opens wide in U.S. theaters on April 22.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs