Robert Pattinson's 'Water for Elephants' Gets First Clip
The first clip from "Water for Elephants" has been debuted exclusively via MTV Movies Blog. It gives a preview to a fresh scene where Robert Pattinson's Jacob Jankowski is rushed through a speeding train by Reese Witherspoon's Marlena Rosenbluth as she wants to make sure Jacob get out of the train and off to safety.
In a new interview with the site, the lead actor shares how he feels shooting the movie. "It felt like it was kind of magical in many ways, because we were out in the desert shooting," he says. "There was nothing from the modern world around. It was a different experience for me. It wasn't in a studio or anything."
On why he decided to take the role in the movie adaptation of Sara Gruen's novel, Pattinson jokingly says, "I just wanted to show I can be Jacob too. That's the only reason I did the movie. I just looked at the name. There was an elephant, my name is Jacob - done." He adds with a laugh, "The next movie I'm doing, I'm called Taylor in it."
Pattinson's character, Jacob, is an orphaned veterinary student who is put in charge of caring for the animals in a traveling circus of a bygone era. He later falls in love with Reese Witherspoon's Marlena, a beautiful equestrian rider, but she is married to the troupe's charismatic but dangerous animal trainer August, portrayed by Christoph Waltz.
Francis Lawrence directs "Water for Elephants" with a script provided by Richard LaGravenese. The drama movie will be premiered at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles on April 14 before it opens wide in U.S. theaters on April 22.
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments