Katy Perry Drops 'E.T.' Video Trailer and Premiere Date
A trailer of Katy Perry's upcoming music video for her latest single "E.T." has just arrived. It features an orb-like object flying across the sky. The brief glimpse of what supposed to be a spaceship is followed with announcement of the video's premiere date.
The music video is coming out in full for viewing pleasure on March 31. It is directed by Floria Sigismondi and will feature a cameo from Kanye West. A behind-the-scene picture of the video shoot has gone viral prior to this new teaser, giving a look at Katy as an extraterrestrial creature.
She wore white-red-and-blue make-up and a braided headpiece, posing next to Kanye who was dressed casually in a black jacket. While waiting for the music video to arrive, fans can enjoy the bouncing track through the following lyrics video.
Taken from Katy's 2010 summer album "Teenage Dream", "E.T." is currently sitting at No. 3 on Billboard Hot 100. The "California Gurl" hitmaker actually goes solo in the album version of the song, but she adds Kanye's verses in the radio version.
"E.T. is a metaphor about finding someone who is just obviously not from this world because how could they love me like this? Even though it's a metaphor, I'm very interested in all things futuristic," she said. "I mean, I complain every day that the Hoverport has still not been invented! I think it's absolutely ridiculous. I look out into the sky and to the stars and I feel there is so much out there."
"E.T." video trailer:
"E.T." lyrics video:
More Katy Perry News
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement