Rebecca Black Sings Acoustic, Wants Justin Bieber Duet and Announces Debut Album
Following controversy surrounding her viral single "Fiday", Rebecca Black was invited to "Good Morning America" on Friday morning, March 18. The internet sensation appeared on the ABC morning show, performing an unplugged version of the single.
In its interview, Rebecca talked about Justin Bieber among other things. "I have Bieber fever, I am in love with Justin Bieber," she gushed. "That would just be...oh my gosh, just thinking of it gives me butterflies. ... Justin, if you're watching this right now, would you do a duet with me? That would be unreal, that would just make my life."
The 13-year-old girl also defended "Friday" which comes under critics' attacks due to its inane lyrics. "It's a catchy song," she said. Talking about criticism over her singing skill, she stated, "I think I have talent on some level, I don't think I'm the worst singer, but I don't think I'm the best singer."
Asked about how she coped with all those harsh words, Rebecca answered, "When I first saw all these nasty comments, I did cry. I felt like this was my fault and I shouldn't have done this, and this was all because of me." She said some of the worst comments which really got her were people telling her to "get an eating disorder" and "cut yourself and die."
But Rebecca might swipe away her tears as Simon Cowell recently confessed he's a fan of her despite those negative talks. In a separate interview with People, the media mogul said, "I love her [and] the fact that she's gotten so much publicity. People are so upset about the song, but I think it's hysterical. I want to meet her. Anyone who can create this much controversy within a week, I want to meet. I love people like that."
"Friday" is currently sitting at No. 31, climbing from No. 69 on iTunes Top 100. Its viral music video has been viewed over 17 million people on YouTube, and now she gets ready for another song. "We're currently writing another song...it does not have to do with weekdays, or months, or numbers or colors. Throwin' that out there," she wrote on Twitter. "My debut album will be released 12/21/2012 - just in time for Christmas!"
More Rebecca Black News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel