First Image of 'Conan the Barbarian' Villain Debuted
The first teaser trailer for "Conan the Barbarian" has been dropped almost a week ago, but there is not much revealed. Now a new picture from the movie has hit the web via Newsarama, giving the first look at Stephen Lang in full costume and makeup as Khalar Zym, the main villain in the film.
Lang previously said about his character, "I wanted him to be like a knife... I wanted him, in profile, to almost disappear if possible. I actually have some photos that I am forbidden to show right now." He continued, "Truth of the matter is, I kick his [Conan's] ass for almost two hours."
On his character's weapon, the "Avatar" actor gushed, "I have a very cool, and difficult to master - it took me many, many years to master - a double-bladed, parallel scimitar which can do all kinds of things, can break apart and can turn into a scythe, and it requires tremendous dexterity and deftness and agility to handle it - none of which I've mastered."
In "Conan the Barbarian", a quest that begins as a personal vendetta for the fierce Cimmerian warrior soon turns into an epic battle against hulking rivals, horrific monsters, and impossible odds. Meanwhile, Conan realizes he is the only hope of saving the great nations of Hyboria from an encroaching reign of supernatural evil.
Jason Momoa steps into Arnold Schwarzenegger's shoes to portray the titular character in the remake of the 1982 film. Rachel Nichols, Rose McGowan and Ron Perlman are among other cast members of the Marcus Nispel-directed film which is going to grace 3-D theaters on August 19 in the U.S.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation