First Look of Adrianne Palicki in New Wonder Woman Costume
The new "Wonder Woman" is not going to show off her leg while battling crime. Adrianne Palicki has fit into a new costume for the 1970's series reboot, wearing a blue shiny pants and blue boots. The original TV series, starring Lynda Carter, showed the heroine in a leotard-like costume and red boots.
The new design seems to follow the updated comic version last year and more in line to the comic's Greek mythology. In its 600th issue, the "Wonder Woman" comic introduced a new timeline and origin of the character. The titular character sports black leather pants instead of the leotard.
Commenting on the new look debuted by EW, Carter told E! Online, "I think she looks fabulous. It's a new look and, jeez, her body looks fantastic." She also wants no comparison. "You know, I'm very sensitive to the fact that she will be compared," Carter said. "There's no getting around it. It is what it is. I would hope that people would cut her some slack."
In this David E. Kelly version of the superhero character, Diana Prince was raised in New York City and is only beginning to discover her powers and learn about her Amazon heritage. Elizabeth Hurley stars as villain Veronica Gale, while Cary Elwes plays CEO of Themyscira Industries.
More Wonder Woman News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed