Video: Wiz Khalifa Performing at 2011 mtvU Woodie Awards
Footage of Wiz Khalifa performing at 2011 mtvU Woodie Awards on Wednesday, March 16 has just hit the web. The Pittsburgh rapper performed two songs, his claim-fame single "Black and Yellow" and its follow-up "Roll Up". He took home Woodie of the Year honor that night, winning over The Black Keys, B.o.B, Arcade Fire and LCD Soundsystem.
"First of all, what up to the entire Taylor Gang? I'd like to thank my whole following, everyone who been down with me and got me to this point, supporting me from day one through everything I been through," he said. "Of course, Benjy [Grinberg], CEO of Rostrum Records, everyone who been down with me. Of course, Pittsburgh, my city. I love my city."
The awards show was held in a live event in Austin, Texas, during South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival. It was kicked off by a live performance of Foo Fighters rocking out their "Rope". Two Door Cinema Club and Sleigh Bells later entertained concertgoers with "What You Know" and "Riot Rhythm" respectively.
More Wiz Khalifa News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby