Video: Wiz Khalifa Performing at 2011 mtvU Woodie Awards
Footage of Wiz Khalifa performing at 2011 mtvU Woodie Awards on Wednesday, March 16 has just hit the web. The Pittsburgh rapper performed two songs, his claim-fame single "Black and Yellow" and its follow-up "Roll Up". He took home Woodie of the Year honor that night, winning over The Black Keys, B.o.B, Arcade Fire and LCD Soundsystem.
"First of all, what up to the entire Taylor Gang? I'd like to thank my whole following, everyone who been down with me and got me to this point, supporting me from day one through everything I been through," he said. "Of course, Benjy [Grinberg], CEO of Rostrum Records, everyone who been down with me. Of course, Pittsburgh, my city. I love my city."
The awards show was held in a live event in Austin, Texas, during South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival. It was kicked off by a live performance of Foo Fighters rocking out their "Rope". Two Door Cinema Club and Sleigh Bells later entertained concertgoers with "What You Know" and "Riot Rhythm" respectively.
More Wiz Khalifa News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'