Video: Wiz Khalifa Performing at 2011 mtvU Woodie Awards
Footage of Wiz Khalifa performing at 2011 mtvU Woodie Awards on Wednesday, March 16 has just hit the web. The Pittsburgh rapper performed two songs, his claim-fame single "Black and Yellow" and its follow-up "Roll Up". He took home Woodie of the Year honor that night, winning over The Black Keys, B.o.B, Arcade Fire and LCD Soundsystem.
"First of all, what up to the entire Taylor Gang? I'd like to thank my whole following, everyone who been down with me and got me to this point, supporting me from day one through everything I been through," he said. "Of course, Benjy [Grinberg], CEO of Rostrum Records, everyone who been down with me. Of course, Pittsburgh, my city. I love my city."
The awards show was held in a live event in Austin, Texas, during South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival. It was kicked off by a live performance of Foo Fighters rocking out their "Rope". Two Door Cinema Club and Sleigh Bells later entertained concertgoers with "What You Know" and "Riot Rhythm" respectively.
More Wiz Khalifa News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival