Pictures: Katy Perry Live in Concert at HMV Hammersmith Apollo, London
After rocking Amsterdam on March 15, Katy Perry resumed her California Dreams tour on March 17 at HMV Hammersmith Apollo in London. The "Firework" singer strutted her stuff, singing a number of her own tracks and some cover songs. She underwent various costume changes including a cupcake dress and a pink tutu dress with a candy striped bodice and red heart neckline.
In between the performances, Katy chatted with the concertgoers. She let slip one of her guilty pleasures, admitting that she has a penchant for trashy British TV shows "The Only Way Is Essex" and "My Big Fat Gyspy Wedding". However, she confessed she had no clue what the stars of the shows were saying due to their strong accents.
Katy has two more concerts at the HMV Hammersmith Apollo. One is set on March 18, and the other is scheduled for the next day. She tweeted her excitement while at the same time calling fans to help Japan relief effort, "#LONDON! I'M URS FOR 3 NIGHTS! It's gonna be. so. amazing! TONIGHT we'll have #REDCROSS friends everywhere so u can do your part for #JAPAN!" She donates proceeds from the sales of her tour merchandise to help the earthquake and tsunami victims in that country.
The stage for this California Dreams was set as a dreamland with a candy-cane staircase and big bright lollipops as the backdrop. The concert itself began with a short story played on three giant screens. It reportedly revolves around her, the daughter of a butcher, who falls in love with the son of a cupcake baker. She then falls asleep into a dream, and that's how the California Dreams tour is born.
More Katy Perry News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered