Pictures: Katy Perry Live in Concert at HMV Hammersmith Apollo, London
After rocking Amsterdam on March 15, Katy Perry resumed her California Dreams tour on March 17 at HMV Hammersmith Apollo in London. The "Firework" singer strutted her stuff, singing a number of her own tracks and some cover songs. She underwent various costume changes including a cupcake dress and a pink tutu dress with a candy striped bodice and red heart neckline.
In between the performances, Katy chatted with the concertgoers. She let slip one of her guilty pleasures, admitting that she has a penchant for trashy British TV shows "The Only Way Is Essex" and "My Big Fat Gyspy Wedding". However, she confessed she had no clue what the stars of the shows were saying due to their strong accents.
Katy has two more concerts at the HMV Hammersmith Apollo. One is set on March 18, and the other is scheduled for the next day. She tweeted her excitement while at the same time calling fans to help Japan relief effort, "#LONDON! I'M URS FOR 3 NIGHTS! It's gonna be. so. amazing! TONIGHT we'll have #REDCROSS friends everywhere so u can do your part for #JAPAN!" She donates proceeds from the sales of her tour merchandise to help the earthquake and tsunami victims in that country.
The stage for this California Dreams was set as a dreamland with a candy-cane staircase and big bright lollipops as the backdrop. The concert itself began with a short story played on three giant screens. It reportedly revolves around her, the daughter of a butcher, who falls in love with the son of a cupcake baker. She then falls asleep into a dream, and that's how the California Dreams tour is born.
More Katy Perry News
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake