Matthew Fox Takes Villainous Role in 'I, Alex Cross'
Matthew Fox has allegedly decided to join "I, Alex Cross", a film based on James Patterson's novel of the same name. Deadline reported the 44-year-old actor will be portraying a villain called Michael Sullivan, one of the best assassins in the novel and the one who kills for money and thrills, rather than playing a good guy like what he did in "Lost".
Matthew's bad guy character, also known as the Butcher of Sligo, gets furious after one of his murders is almost thwarted by Detective Cross. He makes his retribution personal by killing the detective's wife in gruesome fashion.
"I, Alex Cross" is Matthew's first movie after he left his ABC drama series in 2010. The upcoming film, which will be directed by Rob Cohen, is the prequel to "Kiss the Girls" and "Along Came a Spider". It will feature Tyler Perry as Detective Cross, who was portrayed by Morgan Freeman in the previous two films, and Edward Burns as Cross' partner Tommy Kane.
Bill Block and Paul Hanson, in the mean time, serve as the producers while Mark Moss works as the script writer. At least three studios have been competing to produce the film, and a domestic distribution deal will be made afterwards, Deadline additionally says.
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards