Matthew Fox Takes Villainous Role in 'I, Alex Cross'
Matthew Fox has allegedly decided to join "I, Alex Cross", a film based on James Patterson's novel of the same name. Deadline reported the 44-year-old actor will be portraying a villain called Michael Sullivan, one of the best assassins in the novel and the one who kills for money and thrills, rather than playing a good guy like what he did in "Lost".
Matthew's bad guy character, also known as the Butcher of Sligo, gets furious after one of his murders is almost thwarted by Detective Cross. He makes his retribution personal by killing the detective's wife in gruesome fashion.
"I, Alex Cross" is Matthew's first movie after he left his ABC drama series in 2010. The upcoming film, which will be directed by Rob Cohen, is the prequel to "Kiss the Girls" and "Along Came a Spider". It will feature Tyler Perry as Detective Cross, who was portrayed by Morgan Freeman in the previous two films, and Edward Burns as Cross' partner Tommy Kane.
Bill Block and Paul Hanson, in the mean time, serve as the producers while Mark Moss works as the script writer. At least three studios have been competing to produce the film, and a domestic distribution deal will be made afterwards, Deadline additionally says.
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell