Lil Wayne Sets May 16 as 'Tha Carter IV' Release Date
Lil Wayne has revealed when his first post-prison studio album "Tha Carter IV" will come out. The Young Money rapper broke the news to MTV before he kicked off his "I Am Music II" tour opener in Rhode Island on March 16.
" 'Tha Carter IV' is done. All they need to do is tell Tez [manager Cortez Bryant] to stop sitting on it," he said. "It can come tomorrow 'cause I'm so finished, but you know Tez likes to sit on stuff... 'Tha Carter IV' will be dropping May 16. If you're not doing anything, do me."
One of the featured guests in the CD is Nicki Minaj. "I recorded something for Carter IV, and I recorded something with the Birdman recently," she stated. "I think Wayne is definitely on his grind crazy right now. But yep, my Carter IV verse has been handed in officially."
Beside rapping with Minaj for his own album, Weezy will also help other artists' projects. He has hooked up with Jennifer Lopez in her second single "I'm Into You" which is going to be released sometime soon. The rap mogul will also contribute some verses to a Limp Bizkit song.
Before those songs come out, fans can catch Weezy's live performances in his on-going tour with Minaj, Rick Ross and Travis Barker. After the Rhode Island concert, the tour will continue on March 18 at HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY before wrapping up on April 29 at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, BC.
More Lil Wayne News
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC