Rebecca Black Feels She's Being 'Cyberbullied'
Rebecca Black has finally spoken out about the backlash over her first single "Friday". In her first interview since becoming the newest Internet sensation, the 13-year-old aspiring singer confessed to The Daily Beast, "Those hurtful comments really shocked me. At times, it feels like I'm being cyberbullied."
Setting the record straight, the Orange County, California, eighth grader also stressed that she "didn't write it at all". She then explained why she chose to record it in the first place, "The other song was about adult love - I haven't experienced that yet. 'Friday' is about hanging out with friends, having fun. I felt like it was my personality in that song."
Although she has been given the option to take down the song's music video by Ark Music after it garnered negative comments, Rebecca refused to do so, saying "I decided not to give the haters the satisfaction that they got me so bad I gave up." She now plans to record an acoustic version of "Friday". Of the move, she said, "I want to show people there's more to me than they think."
Speaking in Rebecca's defense was Ark Music boss Clarence Jey, who co-wrote and produced "Friday". In an e-mail, he wrote, "Funniest part of the whole thing is Rebecca Black is actually [an] amazing singer [with] a unique tone and a fantastic fun person. The concept we feel seems to have crossed a lot of boundaries, for the better or worse."
Rebecca's "Friday" was slammed by many music critics mostly because of its lyrics. "Yesterday was Thursday/ Today it is Friday/ Tomorrow is Saturday/ And Sunday comes afterward," some of lyrics read. "Kickin' in the front seat/ Sittin' in the back seat/ Gotta make my mind up/ Which seat can I take?" Despite the bad reviews, the song has made it to iTunes Top 100 singles chart.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'