Billy Ray Cyrus Calls Off Divorce, Talks Relationship With Miley
Billy Ray Cyrus has called off his divorce from wife of 17 years, Tish. The father of teen star Miley Cyrus dished on the move in an interview on daytime chat show "The View", which will be aired on Friday, March 18. "I've dropped the divorce," he spilled. "I want to put my family back together."
Speaking of his family, the country singer said during the Thursday, March 17 taping, "Things are the best they've ever been." As for his relationship with Miley, he claimed, "I feel like I kind of got my Miley back in a way. I feel like we are the daddy and the daughter that we were before 'Hannah Montana' happened. Our communication, we have laughed a lot in the last couple of days."
Billy Ray went on to clear up recent drunk scandal that hit his daughter. "I was talking to Miley last night and she was talking about New York and then I noticed that she felt, there was a sadness," he shared. He went on to reveal that she "sent me a picture and I thought it looked like she'd been crying and I asked her and she said 'Well there's some stuff about a picture and they said I was drunk.' "
After noting that Miley then explained to him she had been at a restaurant meeting with songwriter Dr. Luke, the 49-year-old said, "I went back and relooked at the picture, and I go 'Baby, I'm sorry it's just got to be tough.' She said 'It's embarrassing. It hurts my feelings' and she said, most importantly, 'It was a lie. I wasn't drinking. I wasn't drunk. I was just trying to get to my car after a meeting.' "
While he blamed "Hannah Montana" for destroying his family in a candid interview with GQ magazine, Billy Ray used the chat to set the record straight. "I love Hannah Montana. I love Disney. I love our fans who've been with us throughout this whole show. This has been an incredible journey," he said. "That didn't tear my family apart. Now fame, fame is a different animal...you've got to be careful with that thing because it can...all things considered, hey, it's all good."
Billy Ray filed for divorce from Tish in Williamson Country Chancery Court, Tennessee on Tuesday, October 26, 2010. In the court papers, the "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker cited irreconcilable differences and was asking to "share the care, custody and control" of their three minor children, Miley, Braison, and Noah.
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'