Katy Perry, Justin Bieber and Britney Spears NOT Booked for Japan Charity Single
It's been almost a week since Japan was rocked with earthquake and tsunami, and efforts to raise money for relief effort have already been started by some celebrities like Lady GaGa. Most recently, Simon Cowell was reported to follow her footsteps by planning to record an all-star charity single to help the country, but it turns out to be hoax.
The rumor started after a fake Simon Twitter page announced, "Ok, For What Has Happened In #Japan I Will Be Getting Loads Of Singers To Do A Song For It." Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Jessie J, Britney Spears, and some of "The X Factor" (UK) alums like Cher Lloyd, JLS, Olly Murs and One Direction were tagged.
This hoax project comes on the heels of criticisms which recently arose questioning the lack of Hollywood's involvement in raising fund for Japan. "Where's Julia Roberts? Where's George Clooney? Where's Jamie Foxx? Where is Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt?" a Hollywood honcho said to Chicago Sun-Times.
Another critics pointed out why these stars must give back to Japan aside from the humanity reason, "So many of those actors have made huge amounts of money in Japan - both from their films and TV commercials and print ad campaigns - I'm surprised we haven't heard about a huge telethon being organized."
Lady GaGa has recently raised 250,000 dollars by selling self-designed 'We Pray for Japan' wristbands. Linkin Park's star Mike Shinoda contributes to the charity by designing some T-shirts, and Blink-182's singer Mark Hoppus is selling rare band memorabilia for the cause. Also, Sandra Bullock and Demi Lovato have donated a huge amount of cash to benefit the effort.
Still, "the efforts so far haven't matched the celebrity outpouring that followed the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the 2004 tsunami in Thailand and South Asia, the Haiti earthquake or the Darfur tragedy," the Chicago Sun-Times stated.
More Katy Perry News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off