Kanye West and Wiz Khalifa Among mtvU Woodie Awards Winners
Winners of 2011 mtvU Woodie Awards have been announced at a live event in Austin, Texas, during South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival on March 16. Kanye West won Left Field Woodie, beating Die Antwoord, Lil B, Yelawolf and Das Racist.
Pete Wentz was on hand to announce the winner, but a friend of Lil B's grabbed the mic from Fall Out Boy bassist, saying the up-and-coming artist was robbed. Lil B later accepted the prize on Kanye's behalf, professing his love for the true winner who was not in attendance.
Wiz Khalifa took home Woodie of the Year, saying "I didn't even expect to win." The "Black and Yellow" rapper pushed aside such competitors as The Black Keys ("Tighten Up"), B.o.B ("Airplanes"), Arcade Fire ("The Suburbs") and LCD Soundsystem ("Drunk Girls").
The other winners included Matt and Kim, Two Door Cinema Club and Chiddy Bang. They won Performing Woodie, The Breaking Woodie and Best Video Woodie respectively. Performing that night were Foo Fighters and Wiz Khalifa. The former rocked out with "Rope", and the latter ran the show with "Roll Up" and "Black and Yellow"
- Woodie of the Year: Wiz Khalifa
- The Breaking Woodie: Two Door Cinema Club
- Best Video Woodie: "Opposite of Adults" - Chiddy Bang
- Performing Woodie: Matt and Kim
- Left Field Woodie: Kanye West
- College Radio Woodie: WVUM College Radio - The Voice of the University of Miami
More Kanye West News
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert