Kanye West and Wiz Khalifa Among mtvU Woodie Awards Winners
Winners of 2011 mtvU Woodie Awards have been announced at a live event in Austin, Texas, during South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival on March 16. Kanye West won Left Field Woodie, beating Die Antwoord, Lil B, Yelawolf and Das Racist.
Pete Wentz was on hand to announce the winner, but a friend of Lil B's grabbed the mic from Fall Out Boy bassist, saying the up-and-coming artist was robbed. Lil B later accepted the prize on Kanye's behalf, professing his love for the true winner who was not in attendance.
Wiz Khalifa took home Woodie of the Year, saying "I didn't even expect to win." The "Black and Yellow" rapper pushed aside such competitors as The Black Keys ("Tighten Up"), B.o.B ("Airplanes"), Arcade Fire ("The Suburbs") and LCD Soundsystem ("Drunk Girls").
The other winners included Matt and Kim, Two Door Cinema Club and Chiddy Bang. They won Performing Woodie, The Breaking Woodie and Best Video Woodie respectively. Performing that night were Foo Fighters and Wiz Khalifa. The former rocked out with "Rope", and the latter ran the show with "Roll Up" and "Black and Yellow"
- Woodie of the Year: Wiz Khalifa
- The Breaking Woodie: Two Door Cinema Club
- Best Video Woodie: "Opposite of Adults" - Chiddy Bang
- Performing Woodie: Matt and Kim
- Left Field Woodie: Kanye West
- College Radio Woodie: WVUM College Radio - The Voice of the University of Miami
More Kanye West News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift