Kanye West and Wiz Khalifa Among mtvU Woodie Awards Winners
Winners of 2011 mtvU Woodie Awards have been announced at a live event in Austin, Texas, during South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival on March 16. Kanye West won Left Field Woodie, beating Die Antwoord, Lil B, Yelawolf and Das Racist.
Pete Wentz was on hand to announce the winner, but a friend of Lil B's grabbed the mic from Fall Out Boy bassist, saying the up-and-coming artist was robbed. Lil B later accepted the prize on Kanye's behalf, professing his love for the true winner who was not in attendance.
Wiz Khalifa took home Woodie of the Year, saying "I didn't even expect to win." The "Black and Yellow" rapper pushed aside such competitors as The Black Keys ("Tighten Up"), B.o.B ("Airplanes"), Arcade Fire ("The Suburbs") and LCD Soundsystem ("Drunk Girls").
The other winners included Matt and Kim, Two Door Cinema Club and Chiddy Bang. They won Performing Woodie, The Breaking Woodie and Best Video Woodie respectively. Performing that night were Foo Fighters and Wiz Khalifa. The former rocked out with "Rope", and the latter ran the show with "Roll Up" and "Black and Yellow"
- Woodie of the Year: Wiz Khalifa
- The Breaking Woodie: Two Door Cinema Club
- Best Video Woodie: "Opposite of Adults" - Chiddy Bang
- Performing Woodie: Matt and Kim
- Left Field Woodie: Kanye West
- College Radio Woodie: WVUM College Radio - The Voice of the University of Miami
More Kanye West News
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo