Mark Indelicato, Sarah Hyland Star in Disney's New Programmings
Mark Indelicato is announced as one of the stars on Disney Channel's new musical series, "Madison High". It is among 13 new original series that Disney introduced during its upfront presentation to advertisers Wednesday, March 16 in New York.
"Madison" relies on original music and like "Glee", the cast break-into-song-and-dance. The school "is trying to build a revolutionary theater program" and the students are working in an original piece based on their lives for an end of year project. Indelicato who claimed his fame as Betty's nephew on ABC's "Ugly Betty" trained vocals at Dupree School of Music in Linwood, New Jersey before nabbing the role.
Meanwhile, Sarah Hyland of "Modern Family" and Matt Prokop of "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" would star in a new Disney Channel Original Movie. The real-life couple joins "Geek Charming" which is about the social hierarchy of high school.
In addition, Disney is to introduce a new star China Anne McClain on "ANT Farm". The comedy follows Chyna, an 11-year-old musical prodigy who attends high school as part of a prestigious ANT (Advanced Natural Talents) program.
Series "Shake It Up", "Phineas and Ferb" and "Good Luck Charlie" also will be back with new episodes. The latest will be paired with a new sitcom called "Jessie" starring Debby Ryan as a rural teen from Texas who moves to New York and becomes an au pair to a wealthy family with four teens.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date