Stefano Langone Has Been Arrested for DUI Pre-'American Idol'
Stefano Langone has, in his "American Idol" audition, tearfully shared the story of his narrow escape from death after being involved in a car crash caused by a drunk driver. Star Magazine, however, has dug up the dirt on the Top 12 finalist of season 10, reporting that he was arrested for driving under the influence a year after the incident.
The Kent, Washington native was reportedly pulled over by a Washington State Patrol trooper for "speeding and changing lanes without signaling". He was taken under custody on suspicion of DUI after failing field sobriety tests. In the trooper's report, it was noted that the aspiring singer "began singing while en route" to police headquarters.
In Touch magazine additionally reported that Stefano was released on $500 bail after eight hours. He pleaded guilty in November 2010, and in a deal with prosecutors, his charge was reduced to negligent driving. He got a suspended 90-day jail sentence and was ordered to pay $863 and to take a drug-and-alcohol-education course.
This Wednesday night, March 16, Stefano impressed the "Idol" judges with his rendition of Simply Red's "If You Don't Know Me by Now". Randy Jackson dubbed it "best performance of the night", Steven Tyler praised that it was over the top beautiful, while Jennifer Lopez made her prediction, "You could take this thing ...if you stay right there."
More American Idol News
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'It' Teaser and Poster Are Released Ahead of Official Teaser Trailer
- Zayn Malik Dyes His Hair Green. See His Wild Makeover
- Taylor Swift Laughs Off Rumors of Her Missing. Find Out Where She's Been
- 'American Horror Story' 7th Installment Casts Billy Eichner
- T.I. 'Begged' Tiny to Sleep Together Again Amid Reports They Reconcile
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian