Stefano Langone Has Been Arrested for DUI Pre-'American Idol'
Stefano Langone has, in his "American Idol" audition, tearfully shared the story of his narrow escape from death after being involved in a car crash caused by a drunk driver. Star Magazine, however, has dug up the dirt on the Top 12 finalist of season 10, reporting that he was arrested for driving under the influence a year after the incident.
The Kent, Washington native was reportedly pulled over by a Washington State Patrol trooper for "speeding and changing lanes without signaling". He was taken under custody on suspicion of DUI after failing field sobriety tests. In the trooper's report, it was noted that the aspiring singer "began singing while en route" to police headquarters.
In Touch magazine additionally reported that Stefano was released on $500 bail after eight hours. He pleaded guilty in November 2010, and in a deal with prosecutors, his charge was reduced to negligent driving. He got a suspended 90-day jail sentence and was ordered to pay $863 and to take a drug-and-alcohol-education course.
This Wednesday night, March 16, Stefano impressed the "Idol" judges with his rendition of Simply Red's "If You Don't Know Me by Now". Randy Jackson dubbed it "best performance of the night", Steven Tyler praised that it was over the top beautiful, while Jennifer Lopez made her prediction, "You could take this thing ...if you stay right there."
More American Idol News
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame