Died at 41, Nate Dogg Remembered by Ludacris and Other Hip-Hop Artists
Notorious rapper Nate Dogg has passed away. The West Coast artist, whose real name is Nathaniel D. Hale, died in his home town of Long Beach, California on Tuesday night, March 15, family members have reportedly confirmed the sad news. Initial report was made by Long Beach newspaper the Press-Telegram.
The cause of his death remains unclear, but the rapper, who was famous for his collaborations with Snoop Dogg, Eminem and Dr. Dre among others, had been struggling with serious health problems since he suffered a massive stroke that paralyzed his left side in late December 2007. Months later in 2008, he suffered yet another stroke.
Nate's death has sent shockwaves throughout the Hip-Hop world. Many rap artists have since took to Twitter to express their condolences. One of them was Ludacris who worked with Nate on his single "Area Codes". He tweeted, "There is a certain void in hip hop's heart that can never be filled.Glad we got to make history together. RT @SnoopDogg: RIP NATE DOGG."
The Game, meanwhile, posted a series of emotional tweets in response to the sad news. "I lost a friend. Been here before. Tears. Memories. One day someone will lose 'US' as well. LIVING until that day comes is our only option," one of his tweets read. In his last tweet, he only wrote, "No words."
Also expressing grief of losing Nate was Snoop Dogg. "We lost a true legend n hip hop n rnb," tweeted the rapper. "One of my best friends n a brother to me since 1986 when I was a sophomore at poly high where we met. I love u buddy luv. U will always b wit me 4ever n a day u put the g n g funk u put the 1 n 213 n u put yo stamp on evrybdy u ever didit wit."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed