New Snippets for Hugh Jackman's 'Real Steel' Highlight Some Boxing Robots
DreamWorks has gone viral in their effort to promote "Real Steel", releasing some new videos via WRB.com. A boxing robot, Noisy Boy, is exposed in a three-second footage which shows him practicing his jab. In another short video, the Mighty Zeus is seen fighting another robot on the ring.
Based on 1956 short story "Steel", the movie follows Hugh Jackman's Charlie Kenton, a washed-up fighter who lost his chance at a title when 2000-pound, 8-foot-tall steel robots took over the ring. Now nothing but a small-time promoter, Charlie earns just enough money piecing together low-end bots from scrap metal to get from one underground boxing venue to the next.
When Charlie hits rock bottom, he reluctantly teams up with his estranged son Max to build and train a championship contender. As the stakes in the brutal, no-holds-barred arena are raised, Charlie and Max, against all odds, get one last shot at a comeback.
Dakota Goyo is cast as Charlie's son, Max. Evangeline Lilly, Hope Davis, Anthony Mackie additionally support the sci-fi drama, which is directed by Shawn Levy. "Real Steel" will storm out in U.S. theaters on October 7.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video