Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo, Carson Daly Attend 'The Voice' Press
On Tuesday, March 15, NBC held a press conference in Los Angeles to reveal the details of "The Voice". The event was attended by the five celebrities who will define the new show, Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Cee-Lo, Adam Levine and Carson Daly. In addition, there were Mark Burnett and John de Mol who develop it from the original Dutch version.
Talking about the show, Daly said, "The level of talent that has already been found for this show, I can attest... is above and beyond, leaps and bounds beyond, the level of competition that I've ever seen on any other competition show." The host's statement is backed up by Aguilera who would be one of the mentors. "I'm not looking for vocal acrobatics, who has the biggest range of high and low. I'm looking forward to getting moved," the singer who was dressed in red said.
Meanwhile, Levine explained about his role, "It's less about being judgmental and more about helping [singers] out." Cee-Lo added, "There's a great humility about mentoring, coaching, and teaching. You'll get to see a softer, sensitive, more real side of things because they are the stars. And you get an opportunity to see us being fans as well."
The show, which attempts to compete with "American Idol", will be different in the way the judges would approve of a talent. They would not be facing the contestants and would admit them based on the voice only. "I love that I get to sit with my back turned away and use one sense alone: to hear these voices," said Aguilera.
"The Voice" premieres April 26.
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'