Kristin Chenoweth Joins 'Good Christian Bitches' as Villain
ABC's dramedy pilot "Good Christian Bitches" is shaping up with the addition of Kristin Chenoweth. The Broadway star has signed up for one of the lead roles after on-again and off-again negotiations over the months.
The project written by Robert Harling and produced by Darren Star of "Sex and the City" has previously nabbed Leslie Bibb to be Amanda, a mother of two and onetime "mean girl" in high school who returns home to Dallas humbled following a scandalous divorce, hoping to get a second chance at winning over her old classmates.
Chenoweth's character is named Darlene. Described as beautiful but manipulative, she is the head of this group of women, the G.C.B.'s. A classic Dallas housewife and villain motivated by her skewed sense of goodness, Darlene goes to church regularly, knows her Scripture and has no compunctions about breaking a few Commandments here and there. She was once one of the girls Amanda was mean to, but she's now too much of a good Christian to do anything more than forgive Amanda and welcome her back.
"Good Christian Bitches" has garnered buzz before it even goes on production. Its title, which is deemed temporary, has been the object of criticism from a number of parties. Christian publisher Tessie DeVore told FOX411's Pop Tarts, "I find the title offensive. I don't think those two words should be combined. A show like this can damage perceptions [of Christians in this country]."
PTC also showed concern, saying "In the past, we've raised concerns about changing language standards for television. Once a particular profanity or obscenity has been embraced by a particular show, it quickly becomes mainstream."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic