Kristin Chenoweth Joins 'Good Christian Bitches' as Villain
ABC's dramedy pilot "Good Christian Bitches" is shaping up with the addition of Kristin Chenoweth. The Broadway star has signed up for one of the lead roles after on-again and off-again negotiations over the months.
The project written by Robert Harling and produced by Darren Star of "Sex and the City" has previously nabbed Leslie Bibb to be Amanda, a mother of two and onetime "mean girl" in high school who returns home to Dallas humbled following a scandalous divorce, hoping to get a second chance at winning over her old classmates.
Chenoweth's character is named Darlene. Described as beautiful but manipulative, she is the head of this group of women, the G.C.B.'s. A classic Dallas housewife and villain motivated by her skewed sense of goodness, Darlene goes to church regularly, knows her Scripture and has no compunctions about breaking a few Commandments here and there. She was once one of the girls Amanda was mean to, but she's now too much of a good Christian to do anything more than forgive Amanda and welcome her back.
"Good Christian Bitches" has garnered buzz before it even goes on production. Its title, which is deemed temporary, has been the object of criticism from a number of parties. Christian publisher Tessie DeVore told FOX411's Pop Tarts, "I find the title offensive. I don't think those two words should be combined. A show like this can damage perceptions [of Christians in this country]."
PTC also showed concern, saying "In the past, we've raised concerns about changing language standards for television. Once a particular profanity or obscenity has been embraced by a particular show, it quickly becomes mainstream."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal