'Yellow Submarine' Is Sunk Before 'Mars Needs Moms!' Fails
Disney has backed out of their plan to make "Yellow Submarine", but it has nothing to do with "Mars Needs Moms!" performance. The Hollywood Reporter (THR) runs a story that the studio kills the remake of the classic Beatles film to be produced and directed by Robert Zemeckis after his produced 3-D animation failed at box office on its debut weekend, but some insiders have denied it.
The insiders tell Deadline Hollywood that the decision was made months ago, before "Mars Needs Moms!" tanked. The site, however, does confirm THR's scoop that Zemeckis is now allowed to shop the project to another studio.
Moreover according to THR, "Yellow Submarine" has already faced a few issues before the weekend. There were budget problems, and a meeting scheduled between Zemeckis and the Beatles heirs had been rescheduled several times, before it was finally scrapped in December 2010.
New "Yellow Submarine" would feature Cary Elwes, Dean Lennox Kelly, Peter Serafinowicz and Adam Campbell as the Fab Four. The plan was to use 16 Beatles songs in the film.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21