'Yellow Submarine' Is Sunk Before 'Mars Needs Moms!' Fails
Disney has backed out of their plan to make "Yellow Submarine", but it has nothing to do with "Mars Needs Moms!" performance. The Hollywood Reporter (THR) runs a story that the studio kills the remake of the classic Beatles film to be produced and directed by Robert Zemeckis after his produced 3-D animation failed at box office on its debut weekend, but some insiders have denied it.
The insiders tell Deadline Hollywood that the decision was made months ago, before "Mars Needs Moms!" tanked. The site, however, does confirm THR's scoop that Zemeckis is now allowed to shop the project to another studio.
Moreover according to THR, "Yellow Submarine" has already faced a few issues before the weekend. There were budget problems, and a meeting scheduled between Zemeckis and the Beatles heirs had been rescheduled several times, before it was finally scrapped in December 2010.
New "Yellow Submarine" would feature Cary Elwes, Dean Lennox Kelly, Peter Serafinowicz and Adam Campbell as the Fab Four. The plan was to use 16 Beatles songs in the film.
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors
- Bedroom Romp? Brandi Glanville and Boyfriend Pose Completely Naked in Bed in NSFW Selfie
- NBC Renews 'Days of Our Lives' for 52nd Season
- Adele Secretly Tied the Knot With Simon Konecki in Low-Key Ceremony at Home
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father