'Yellow Submarine' Is Sunk Before 'Mars Needs Moms!' Fails
Disney has backed out of their plan to make "Yellow Submarine", but it has nothing to do with "Mars Needs Moms!" performance. The Hollywood Reporter (THR) runs a story that the studio kills the remake of the classic Beatles film to be produced and directed by Robert Zemeckis after his produced 3-D animation failed at box office on its debut weekend, but some insiders have denied it.
The insiders tell Deadline Hollywood that the decision was made months ago, before "Mars Needs Moms!" tanked. The site, however, does confirm THR's scoop that Zemeckis is now allowed to shop the project to another studio.
Moreover according to THR, "Yellow Submarine" has already faced a few issues before the weekend. There were budget problems, and a meeting scheduled between Zemeckis and the Beatles heirs had been rescheduled several times, before it was finally scrapped in December 2010.
New "Yellow Submarine" would feature Cary Elwes, Dean Lennox Kelly, Peter Serafinowicz and Adam Campbell as the Fab Four. The plan was to use 16 Beatles songs in the film.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?