'Yellow Submarine' Is Sunk Before 'Mars Needs Moms!' Fails
Disney has backed out of their plan to make "Yellow Submarine", but it has nothing to do with "Mars Needs Moms!" performance. The Hollywood Reporter (THR) runs a story that the studio kills the remake of the classic Beatles film to be produced and directed by Robert Zemeckis after his produced 3-D animation failed at box office on its debut weekend, but some insiders have denied it.
The insiders tell Deadline Hollywood that the decision was made months ago, before "Mars Needs Moms!" tanked. The site, however, does confirm THR's scoop that Zemeckis is now allowed to shop the project to another studio.
Moreover according to THR, "Yellow Submarine" has already faced a few issues before the weekend. There were budget problems, and a meeting scheduled between Zemeckis and the Beatles heirs had been rescheduled several times, before it was finally scrapped in December 2010.
New "Yellow Submarine" would feature Cary Elwes, Dean Lennox Kelly, Peter Serafinowicz and Adam Campbell as the Fab Four. The plan was to use 16 Beatles songs in the film.
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab