'Yellow Submarine' Is Sunk Before 'Mars Needs Moms!' Fails
Disney has backed out of their plan to make "Yellow Submarine", but it has nothing to do with "Mars Needs Moms!" performance. The Hollywood Reporter (THR) runs a story that the studio kills the remake of the classic Beatles film to be produced and directed by Robert Zemeckis after his produced 3-D animation failed at box office on its debut weekend, but some insiders have denied it.
The insiders tell Deadline Hollywood that the decision was made months ago, before "Mars Needs Moms!" tanked. The site, however, does confirm THR's scoop that Zemeckis is now allowed to shop the project to another studio.
Moreover according to THR, "Yellow Submarine" has already faced a few issues before the weekend. There were budget problems, and a meeting scheduled between Zemeckis and the Beatles heirs had been rescheduled several times, before it was finally scrapped in December 2010.
New "Yellow Submarine" would feature Cary Elwes, Dean Lennox Kelly, Peter Serafinowicz and Adam Campbell as the Fab Four. The plan was to use 16 Beatles songs in the film.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton