Rebecca Black Creates Viral Buzz With Poorly-Reviewed 'Friday' Video
Rebecca Black is the newest internet sensation. This young girl has gained almost 3 million views on YouTube with her music video for an Auto-Tuned single called "Friday". Her name additionally appears as one of the trending topics on Twitter.
Sure it's not strange to gain popularity through YouTube since the likes of Justin Bieber and Greyson Chance had gone the similar path to the stardom. But the bizarre thing in this Rebecca case is that she didn't get praised for her work like Justin or Greyson, but rather received unfavorable reviews.
The song was described "bad" by music critics mostly because of its lyrics. "Yesterday was Thursday/ Today it is Friday/ Tomorrow is Saturday/ And Sunday comes afterward," some of the awfully-reviewed lyrics read. "Kickin' in the front seat/ Sittin' in the back seat/ Gotta make my mind up/ Which seat can I take?"
The music video, made by L.A.-based Ark Music Factory, actually only got less than 4,000 views by March 11, but surprisingly jumped to 2 million views in three days just because people are making fun of it. Following its viral commotion, a number of remixes and covers can be found scattered all over YouTube.
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!