Artist of the Week: Jennifer Lopez
Jennifer Lopez celebrates milestone year of her lustrous music career by busting Billboard Hot 100 with her dance track "On the Floor". This marks her return to the Top 10 of the U.S. singles chart after she ruled the list eight years ago with LL Cool J-assisted single "All I Have".
The single was produced by RedOne, and was soon compared to another upbeat track, Kat DeLuna's "Party O'Clock", which was also worked on by the powerhouse music maker. Despite the plagiarism allegation, the club-ready single peaked at No. 5 in the United States.
While the track is still burning the chart, J.Lo has already planned to move on to another single. In a recent interview on "Saturday Night Online with Romeo", the new judge of "American Idol" said eying to drop a Lil Wayne-featuring song called "I'm Into You" as the next offering.
J.Lo will include the two songs in her upcoming studio album "Love?" which is coming in the U.S. on April 12. She began recording the CD in 2009, a year after giving birth to her twin babies. This probably is her most personal album to date, taking inspiration from the birth of the twins and her own experiences with love.
Beside offering upbeat sounds, J.Lo will also balance the album with some laid-back tunes. "There's so many songs on the album I'm excited for people to hear for so many reasons," she stated. "Some of them because they're just straight-up club bangers, some because of what they have to say, and some because of how they make you groove. They're all very thematic in the sense that they're all about love."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom