Artist of the Week: Jennifer Lopez
Jennifer Lopez celebrates milestone year of her lustrous music career by busting Billboard Hot 100 with her dance track "On the Floor". This marks her return to the Top 10 of the U.S. singles chart after she ruled the list eight years ago with LL Cool J-assisted single "All I Have".
The single was produced by RedOne, and was soon compared to another upbeat track, Kat DeLuna's "Party O'Clock", which was also worked on by the powerhouse music maker. Despite the plagiarism allegation, the club-ready single peaked at No. 5 in the United States.
While the track is still burning the chart, J.Lo has already planned to move on to another single. In a recent interview on "Saturday Night Online with Romeo", the new judge of "American Idol" said eying to drop a Lil Wayne-featuring song called "I'm Into You" as the next offering.
J.Lo will include the two songs in her upcoming studio album "Love?" which is coming in the U.S. on April 12. She began recording the CD in 2009, a year after giving birth to her twin babies. This probably is her most personal album to date, taking inspiration from the birth of the twins and her own experiences with love.
Beside offering upbeat sounds, J.Lo will also balance the album with some laid-back tunes. "There's so many songs on the album I'm excited for people to hear for so many reasons," she stated. "Some of them because they're just straight-up club bangers, some because of what they have to say, and some because of how they make you groove. They're all very thematic in the sense that they're all about love."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'It' Teaser and Poster Are Released Ahead of Official Teaser Trailer
- Zayn Malik Dyes His Hair Green. See His Wild Makeover
- Taylor Swift Laughs Off Rumors of Her Missing. Find Out Where She's Been
- 'American Horror Story' 7th Installment Casts Billy Eichner
- T.I. 'Begged' Tiny to Sleep Together Again Amid Reports They Reconcile
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian