50 Cent Apologizes for Japan Tsunami Tweets
50 Cent has offered an apology for his insensitive remarks on Twitter about the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Realizing his tweets could be deemed offensive by others, the "Candy Shop" hitmaker was quick to explain, "Some of my tweets are ignorant I do it for shock value. Hate it or love it. I'm cool either way 50cent."
The 35-year-old rapper shocked many on Friday, March 11 when he made light of the nation's tragedy soon after the natural disaster story broke. In one, he tweeted, "Look this is very serious people I had to evacuate all my h**s from LA, Hawaii and Japan. I had to do it. Lol." In another, he mocked tsunami threat to the U.S. west coast, writing "Wave will hit 8am them crazy white boys gonna try to go surfing."
Fiddy soon found himself under fire for the remarks. User @404Pirate tweeted, "50 cent is insensitive and stupid! How can anyone make fun out of such disaster?!!!!! Smh." Another Twitter user @_nathy wrote, "Congratulations, 50 Cent: YOU'RE AN A--HOLE FOR MOCKING WHAT'S GOING ON IN JAPAN!"
Although Fiddy has acknowledged that some of his tweets were ignorant, one Hip Hop Wired reader still expressed disappointment. "I hope he donates some of his money because none of his tweets was funny & AOL reported over 10,000 people lost their lives so even though he say it was for shock value, it still was distasteful because people loss their lives," the commenter wrote. "What if he had a family member over there that was killed or knew someone over there that was killed?"
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift