50 Cent Apologizes for Japan Tsunami Tweets
50 Cent has offered an apology for his insensitive remarks on Twitter about the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Realizing his tweets could be deemed offensive by others, the "Candy Shop" hitmaker was quick to explain, "Some of my tweets are ignorant I do it for shock value. Hate it or love it. I'm cool either way 50cent."
The 35-year-old rapper shocked many on Friday, March 11 when he made light of the nation's tragedy soon after the natural disaster story broke. In one, he tweeted, "Look this is very serious people I had to evacuate all my h**s from LA, Hawaii and Japan. I had to do it. Lol." In another, he mocked tsunami threat to the U.S. west coast, writing "Wave will hit 8am them crazy white boys gonna try to go surfing."
Fiddy soon found himself under fire for the remarks. User @404Pirate tweeted, "50 cent is insensitive and stupid! How can anyone make fun out of such disaster?!!!!! Smh." Another Twitter user @_nathy wrote, "Congratulations, 50 Cent: YOU'RE AN A--HOLE FOR MOCKING WHAT'S GOING ON IN JAPAN!"
Although Fiddy has acknowledged that some of his tweets were ignorant, one Hip Hop Wired reader still expressed disappointment. "I hope he donates some of his money because none of his tweets was funny & AOL reported over 10,000 people lost their lives so even though he say it was for shock value, it still was distasteful because people loss their lives," the commenter wrote. "What if he had a family member over there that was killed or knew someone over there that was killed?"
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked