50 Cent Apologizes for Japan Tsunami Tweets
50 Cent has offered an apology for his insensitive remarks on Twitter about the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Realizing his tweets could be deemed offensive by others, the "Candy Shop" hitmaker was quick to explain, "Some of my tweets are ignorant I do it for shock value. Hate it or love it. I'm cool either way 50cent."
The 35-year-old rapper shocked many on Friday, March 11 when he made light of the nation's tragedy soon after the natural disaster story broke. In one, he tweeted, "Look this is very serious people I had to evacuate all my h**s from LA, Hawaii and Japan. I had to do it. Lol." In another, he mocked tsunami threat to the U.S. west coast, writing "Wave will hit 8am them crazy white boys gonna try to go surfing."
Fiddy soon found himself under fire for the remarks. User @404Pirate tweeted, "50 cent is insensitive and stupid! How can anyone make fun out of such disaster?!!!!! Smh." Another Twitter user @_nathy wrote, "Congratulations, 50 Cent: YOU'RE AN A--HOLE FOR MOCKING WHAT'S GOING ON IN JAPAN!"
Although Fiddy has acknowledged that some of his tweets were ignorant, one Hip Hop Wired reader still expressed disappointment. "I hope he donates some of his money because none of his tweets was funny & AOL reported over 10,000 people lost their lives so even though he say it was for shock value, it still was distasteful because people loss their lives," the commenter wrote. "What if he had a family member over there that was killed or knew someone over there that was killed?"
More 50 Cent News
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope