Jay Baruchel Confirms Engagement to Alison Pill
Jay Baruchel accepted a Genie award for his work in "The Trotsky" on Thursday night, March 10 and surprised many when he thanked his fiancee in his acceptance speech. The Toronto Star reported that after the awards show, he confirmed to have proposed to "Milk" actress Alison Pill over the holidays in Montreal.
Recalling how he asked her hand in marriage, the 28-year-old said, "I bought her 180-year-old Victorian wedding band and I was going to give it as a nice kind of gift for Christmas." He continued on, "I decided in that moment I might was well call a spade a space and I'm pretty sure my words were 'f*** it; do you want to marry me?' to which she said, 'yes, of course.' "
Jay and Alison met and began dating when they were filming his upcoming hockey movie, "Goon". The happy couple plan to marry in September 2012.
Jay has appeared in such movie as "Million Dollar Baby", "Knocked Up", "Tropic Thunder" and "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". He also voiced Hiccup in "How to Train Your Dragon". Alison, in the meantime, has been seen starring as Kim Pine in "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World".
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016