Jay Baruchel Confirms Engagement to Alison Pill
Jay Baruchel accepted a Genie award for his work in "The Trotsky" on Thursday night, March 10 and surprised many when he thanked his fiancee in his acceptance speech. The Toronto Star reported that after the awards show, he confirmed to have proposed to "Milk" actress Alison Pill over the holidays in Montreal.
Recalling how he asked her hand in marriage, the 28-year-old said, "I bought her 180-year-old Victorian wedding band and I was going to give it as a nice kind of gift for Christmas." He continued on, "I decided in that moment I might was well call a spade a space and I'm pretty sure my words were 'f*** it; do you want to marry me?' to which she said, 'yes, of course.' "
Jay and Alison met and began dating when they were filming his upcoming hockey movie, "Goon". The happy couple plan to marry in September 2012.
Jay has appeared in such movie as "Million Dollar Baby", "Knocked Up", "Tropic Thunder" and "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". He also voiced Hiccup in "How to Train Your Dragon". Alison, in the meantime, has been seen starring as Kim Pine in "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World".
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor