Jay Baruchel Confirms Engagement to Alison Pill
Jay Baruchel accepted a Genie award for his work in "The Trotsky" on Thursday night, March 10 and surprised many when he thanked his fiancee in his acceptance speech. The Toronto Star reported that after the awards show, he confirmed to have proposed to "Milk" actress Alison Pill over the holidays in Montreal.
Recalling how he asked her hand in marriage, the 28-year-old said, "I bought her 180-year-old Victorian wedding band and I was going to give it as a nice kind of gift for Christmas." He continued on, "I decided in that moment I might was well call a spade a space and I'm pretty sure my words were 'f*** it; do you want to marry me?' to which she said, 'yes, of course.' "
Jay and Alison met and began dating when they were filming his upcoming hockey movie, "Goon". The happy couple plan to marry in September 2012.
Jay has appeared in such movie as "Million Dollar Baby", "Knocked Up", "Tropic Thunder" and "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". He also voiced Hiccup in "How to Train Your Dragon". Alison, in the meantime, has been seen starring as Kim Pine in "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World".
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo