Lauryn Hill Announces New 'Moving Target' Tour Dates
Lauryn Hill has decided to extend her "Moving Target" playdate series with a number of new dates. The former frontwoman of The Fugees will kick off the second leg next week on March 16 at House of Blues in Orlando, Florida, and wrap it up on May 7 at New Orleans' Jazz and Heritage Festival.
She will hold the concerts only in small venues because she wants to give her fans more intimate experience. She said, "One of the benefits of playing venues smaller than the ones I'm used to allows me the opportunity to not only reconnect with my supporters but to expose them to a portion of the musical journey I've been on which the world for the most part has not had access to."
Lauryn added, "These more intimate playdates afford me the time to perform for listeners who haven't heard from me over the past several years or have been misinformed by the inaccuracies in some media coverage, many of which I might add, I find very amusing."
It's been 13 years since Lauryn Hill dropped her Grammy-winning solo album "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill". Beside maintaining close contact with her fans by holding intimate concerts, she also made a move to open a Twitter account @MsHillMvngTrgt.
"Moving Target: Extended Intimate Playdate Series" dates:
- Mar. 16 - Orlando, FL at House of Blues
- Mar. 19 - Miami, FL at Jazz in the Gardens Festival
- Mar. 23 - Tampa, FL at The Ritz
- Mar. 26 - Myrtle Beach, SC at House of Blues
- Mar. 30 - Atlanta, GA at Center Stage
- Apr. 03 - Oahu, HI at Aloha Tower
- Apr. 09 - Portland, OR at Arlene Schnitzer Hall
- Apr. 12 - San Francisco, CA at The Warfield
- Apr. 15 - Indio, CA at Coachella Music and Arts Festival
- Apr. 18 - Los Angeles, CA at Club Nokia
- Apr. 23 - Denver, CO at The Fillmore
- May 07 - New Orleans, LA at Jazz and Heritage Festival
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed