Jeff Hephner Replaced by Eddie Cibrian as 'Playboy'
NBC has a slight change of mind about the casting of the lead male on "Playboy". Jeff Hephner was announced to fill the position of Nick Dalton, an attorney who is a "keyholder" at the club, because he did well on the screen tests. However, the actor who has never taken a major role before, could not deliver in the pilot's table read and had to be recast.
The network bosses landed the choice on Eddie Cibrian who was one of many actors testing for the part after Broadway star Patrick Wilson passed. Cibrian, who is infamous for having an affair with "Northern Lights" co-star LeAnn Rimes while he was married, is expected to start immediately as the pilot is slated to begin filming in Chicago on Tuesday, March 15.
"Playboy" centers on Nick who is described as "the ultimate playboy" and on a group of women working as Playboy bunnies in New York club in 1963. Cibrian will star opposite Laura Benanti, Amber Heard, Naturi Naughton and David Krumholtz. The pilot will be directed by Alan Taylor, who also directed the pilot of "Mad Men".
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!