Jewel Has Been Released From Hospital After Car Crash
Jewel Kilcher, who is professionally known only as Jewel, has been released from the hospital after being involved in a two-car collision on Friday morning, March 11. It was the "Intuition" singer herself who shared the good news via Twitter. Assuring fans she and her baby are doing fine, she tweeted, "Hey everyone-just got released from the ER & my Dr's office- everything is fine-me & the baby r ok- thanx 4 all your thoughts & prayers."
TMZ was first to report that the singer-songwriter, who is expecting her first child with husband Ty Murray, has narrowly avoided serious injury after a volunteer fire truck hit her car at around 11 A.M. CT in Stephenville, Texas. It was said that the truck smashed into the passenger side of her vehicle.
Offering more details was the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). The government agency mentioned that the accident took place at a rural intersection in Stephenville and the driver of the truck was Erath County Commissioner Jim Pack. It is further explained that Jim was heading to a nearby highway to put out a grass fire with his lights and siren on.
Soon after news of the car collision made media headlines, Jewel's representative confirmed the singer has indeed been involved in the accident. "Jewel was hit by a fire truck this morning in Texas," said the rep in a statement. "The singer was taken to the hospital and current medical tests conducted indicate that she and the baby are doing fine."
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?