Jewel Has Been Released From Hospital After Car Crash
Jewel Kilcher, who is professionally known only as Jewel, has been released from the hospital after being involved in a two-car collision on Friday morning, March 11. It was the "Intuition" singer herself who shared the good news via Twitter. Assuring fans she and her baby are doing fine, she tweeted, "Hey everyone-just got released from the ER & my Dr's office- everything is fine-me & the baby r ok- thanx 4 all your thoughts & prayers."
TMZ was first to report that the singer-songwriter, who is expecting her first child with husband Ty Murray, has narrowly avoided serious injury after a volunteer fire truck hit her car at around 11 A.M. CT in Stephenville, Texas. It was said that the truck smashed into the passenger side of her vehicle.
Offering more details was the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). The government agency mentioned that the accident took place at a rural intersection in Stephenville and the driver of the truck was Erath County Commissioner Jim Pack. It is further explained that Jim was heading to a nearby highway to put out a grass fire with his lights and siren on.
Soon after news of the car collision made media headlines, Jewel's representative confirmed the singer has indeed been involved in the accident. "Jewel was hit by a fire truck this morning in Texas," said the rep in a statement. "The singer was taken to the hospital and current medical tests conducted indicate that she and the baby are doing fine."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed