Jewel Has Been Released From Hospital After Car Crash
Jewel Kilcher, who is professionally known only as Jewel, has been released from the hospital after being involved in a two-car collision on Friday morning, March 11. It was the "Intuition" singer herself who shared the good news via Twitter. Assuring fans she and her baby are doing fine, she tweeted, "Hey everyone-just got released from the ER & my Dr's office- everything is fine-me & the baby r ok- thanx 4 all your thoughts & prayers."
TMZ was first to report that the singer-songwriter, who is expecting her first child with husband Ty Murray, has narrowly avoided serious injury after a volunteer fire truck hit her car at around 11 A.M. CT in Stephenville, Texas. It was said that the truck smashed into the passenger side of her vehicle.
Offering more details was the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). The government agency mentioned that the accident took place at a rural intersection in Stephenville and the driver of the truck was Erath County Commissioner Jim Pack. It is further explained that Jim was heading to a nearby highway to put out a grass fire with his lights and siren on.
Soon after news of the car collision made media headlines, Jewel's representative confirmed the singer has indeed been involved in the accident. "Jewel was hit by a fire truck this morning in Texas," said the rep in a statement. "The singer was taken to the hospital and current medical tests conducted indicate that she and the baby are doing fine."
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels