Possible First Look at Planet Mogo in 'Green Lantern' Found
Long rumored to appear in "Green Lantern" film, planet Mogo has been allegedly unveiled in a new promo image. Obtained by The Daily BLAM!, the photo shows what is believed to be the sentient planet which half part is overlapped by Hal Jordan's face.
Mogo is a living planet, and is a genderless character in "Green Lantern" though it is often referred to as male. It has the standard powers of a Green Lantern Power Ring. It can alter his weather and surface conditions such as plant growth, and travel faster than light speed in space. It also has extrasensory awareness concerning his surrounds and telepathically guides the Green Lantern Power rings to their bearer.
"Green Lantern" revolves around Hal Jordan, an ordinary man chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. As a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the universe, the fate of Earth lies in Hal's hands.
Ryan Reynolds takes the titular role. Mark Strong and Peter Sarsgaard join him as villainous characters, Sinestro and Hector Hammond respectively. Blake Lively is additionally cast as Hal's love interest Carol Ferris.
Directed by Martin Campbell, this movie adaptation of DC comics is set to grace theaters across the United States on June 17.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service