Possible First Look at Planet Mogo in 'Green Lantern' Found
Long rumored to appear in "Green Lantern" film, planet Mogo has been allegedly unveiled in a new promo image. Obtained by The Daily BLAM!, the photo shows what is believed to be the sentient planet which half part is overlapped by Hal Jordan's face.
Mogo is a living planet, and is a genderless character in "Green Lantern" though it is often referred to as male. It has the standard powers of a Green Lantern Power Ring. It can alter his weather and surface conditions such as plant growth, and travel faster than light speed in space. It also has extrasensory awareness concerning his surrounds and telepathically guides the Green Lantern Power rings to their bearer.
"Green Lantern" revolves around Hal Jordan, an ordinary man chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. As a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the universe, the fate of Earth lies in Hal's hands.
Ryan Reynolds takes the titular role. Mark Strong and Peter Sarsgaard join him as villainous characters, Sinestro and Hector Hammond respectively. Blake Lively is additionally cast as Hal's love interest Carol Ferris.
Directed by Martin Campbell, this movie adaptation of DC comics is set to grace theaters across the United States on June 17.
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture