Possible First Look at Planet Mogo in 'Green Lantern' Found
Long rumored to appear in "Green Lantern" film, planet Mogo has been allegedly unveiled in a new promo image. Obtained by The Daily BLAM!, the photo shows what is believed to be the sentient planet which half part is overlapped by Hal Jordan's face.
Mogo is a living planet, and is a genderless character in "Green Lantern" though it is often referred to as male. It has the standard powers of a Green Lantern Power Ring. It can alter his weather and surface conditions such as plant growth, and travel faster than light speed in space. It also has extrasensory awareness concerning his surrounds and telepathically guides the Green Lantern Power rings to their bearer.
"Green Lantern" revolves around Hal Jordan, an ordinary man chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. As a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the universe, the fate of Earth lies in Hal's hands.
Ryan Reynolds takes the titular role. Mark Strong and Peter Sarsgaard join him as villainous characters, Sinestro and Hector Hammond respectively. Blake Lively is additionally cast as Hal's love interest Carol Ferris.
Directed by Martin Campbell, this movie adaptation of DC comics is set to grace theaters across the United States on June 17.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'