Foo Fighters Rock Out in 'Rope' Music Video
Foo Fighters are out loud in their latest music video supporting their new single "Rope". The alternative rock band, led by Dave Grohl, are jamming inside a white room. There might be a bunch of recent performance videos out there, but this new one is unlike any one of those because it ditched digital cameras and was entirely shot on VHS.
"Nowadays, if we go play in a club and someone has a video phone, they film it and then they put it on YouTube and it becomes a video," Dave said to MTV. "The distribution of any of that information or images, it goes out everywhere, like that. ... That's f***ing rad."
Of the "Rope" video, he said, "We shot the video ... in a big soundstage in Los Angeles. And we had to build this cube out of fabric and wood for the band to play within, and it's lit from outside. ... At first it just seems like we're in this glowing white room from within, and then towards the end, the big reveal is we're in this room, which is within a massive room."
Talking about the performance scenes, he gushed, "It's easy for me to come up with a treatment or direct the band because I know what we're like. I know what we look like when we play, so most of the Foo Fighters videos that I've done have at least a little bit of performance in them."
"Rope" is the first single from Foo Fighters' upcoming seventh studio album "Wasting Light" which is due April 12 in the United States. Produced by Butch Vig, the song peaked at No. 1 on Billboard Rock Songs chart.
Foo Fighters' "Rope" music video
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame