J.J. Abrams' Sci-Fi Film 'Super 8' Gets Official Synopsis
Slowly but sure, a cloak that covers J.J. Abrams' secret project "Super 8" is removed. After sharing the first footage in form of a TV spot aired during Super Bowl, Paramount Pictures has finally released an official plot synopsis for the sci-fi movie.
"In the summer of 1979, a group of friends in a small Ohio town witness a catastrophic train crash while making a super 8 movie and soon suspect that it was not an accident," so the plot read. "Shortly after, unusual disappearances and inexplicable events begin to take place in town, and the local Deputy tries to uncover the truth - something more terrifying than any of them could have imagined."
Beside directing and writing "Super 8", Abrams also produces it along with Steven Spielberg and Bryan Burk. Kyle Chandler, Elle Fanning, Ron Eldard and Noah Emmerich are among the cast ensemble of the sci-fi movie that is slated to arrive in theaters Stateside on June 10. "Super 8" trailer will reportedly be attached to "Battle: Los Angeles", which debuts this Friday, March 11 in the U.S.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle