Elijah Wood-Starring Series 'Wilfred' Drops First Promo
FX network has released the first official promo of "Wilfred" which promises something different out of comedies. It opens with an introduction of what kind of person Elijah Wood's Ryan is and what kind of unexpected turn of event showed up right on his front door.
The half-hour comedy revolves around Ryan, a young man struggling unsuccessfully to make his way in the world until he forms a unique friendship with Wilfred, his neighbor's canine pet. Everyone else sees Wilfred as just a dog, but Ryan sees a crude and somewhat surly, yet irrepressibly brave and honest Australian bloke in a cheap dog suit.
While leading him through a series of comedic and existential adventures, Wilfred the dog shows Ryan the man how to overcome his fears and joyfully embrace the unpredictability and insanity of the world around him.
Playing Wilfred is Jason Gann who creates the show and is the star of the Australian short movie version that screened at Sundance in 2003. Ryan's female friend, Jenna, is played by Fiona Gublemann of "Californication" and Jenna's love interest is played by Chris Klein.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video