'American Idol' Eliminates Ashthon Jones, J.Lo Cried
"American Idol" sends home its first season 10 finalist on Thursday, March 10. The bottom three Idol wannabes were Karen Rodriguez, Ashthon Jones and Haley Reinhart. Thirty million voters did not pick Ashthon and the judges refused to save her after her last shot at Diana Ross' "When You Tell Me That You Love Me".
Jennifer Lopez cried as she told Ashthon that they were not going to use their one power. "Not this time, baby, I'm sorry," Jennifer told her. "And it was unanimous." Ashthon also shed a tear as David Cook's cover of Simple Minds' 1985 smash hit "Don't You (Forget About Me)" was played along her "Idol" journey montage.
The result show welcomed back season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert on the stage and invited P. Diddy's group Diddy-Dirty Money for the first time.
One of the finalists missed the live show. Casey Abrams fell sick for the second time in the competition and had to be hospitalized. "You'll notice that Casey is missing from the group. He is unfortunately sick and in the hospital right now," Ryan Seacrest said at the opening of the show. "Wave to him ...We know you're watching buddy, feel better. Shout out to the nurses. Get back here soon, okay?"
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off