'American Idol' Eliminates Ashthon Jones, J.Lo Cried
"American Idol" sends home its first season 10 finalist on Thursday, March 10. The bottom three Idol wannabes were Karen Rodriguez, Ashthon Jones and Haley Reinhart. Thirty million voters did not pick Ashthon and the judges refused to save her after her last shot at Diana Ross' "When You Tell Me That You Love Me".
Jennifer Lopez cried as she told Ashthon that they were not going to use their one power. "Not this time, baby, I'm sorry," Jennifer told her. "And it was unanimous." Ashthon also shed a tear as David Cook's cover of Simple Minds' 1985 smash hit "Don't You (Forget About Me)" was played along her "Idol" journey montage.
The result show welcomed back season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert on the stage and invited P. Diddy's group Diddy-Dirty Money for the first time.
One of the finalists missed the live show. Casey Abrams fell sick for the second time in the competition and had to be hospitalized. "You'll notice that Casey is missing from the group. He is unfortunately sick and in the hospital right now," Ryan Seacrest said at the opening of the show. "Wave to him ...We know you're watching buddy, feel better. Shout out to the nurses. Get back here soon, okay?"
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?