'American Idol' Eliminates Ashthon Jones, J.Lo Cried
"American Idol" sends home its first season 10 finalist on Thursday, March 10. The bottom three Idol wannabes were Karen Rodriguez, Ashthon Jones and Haley Reinhart. Thirty million voters did not pick Ashthon and the judges refused to save her after her last shot at Diana Ross' "When You Tell Me That You Love Me".
Jennifer Lopez cried as she told Ashthon that they were not going to use their one power. "Not this time, baby, I'm sorry," Jennifer told her. "And it was unanimous." Ashthon also shed a tear as David Cook's cover of Simple Minds' 1985 smash hit "Don't You (Forget About Me)" was played along her "Idol" journey montage.
The result show welcomed back season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert on the stage and invited P. Diddy's group Diddy-Dirty Money for the first time.
One of the finalists missed the live show. Casey Abrams fell sick for the second time in the competition and had to be hospitalized. "You'll notice that Casey is missing from the group. He is unfortunately sick and in the hospital right now," Ryan Seacrest said at the opening of the show. "Wave to him ...We know you're watching buddy, feel better. Shout out to the nurses. Get back here soon, okay?"
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed