Steve Carell's Last 'Office' Episode Airs April 28
Fans of Steve Carell will say goodbye to Michael Scott on April 28. Producers of "The Office" previously said they would send off Michael before the season ends so that viewers will get used to a new Dunder Mifflin boss before the finale which airs four episodes after, on May 19 (the hour-long finale is counted as two episodes).
Carell shot his final scene on Friday, March 4. Co-star Rainn Wilson tweeted, "Steve Carell's last day on The Office. And the angels of comedy wept... #saddestdayever." Star slash writer Mindy Kaling also tweeted, "Fun people descending the set for Steve's last scene. @KenTremendous aka Mose Shrute is here!"
The network is still quiet about how Michael will depart but it has something to do with Will Ferrell's character. The comedian plays another Dunder Mifflin manager and a possible candidate to replace Michael although he doesn't get the job eventually. His first episode airs on April 14 and his last would be May 5.
As a side note, Michael's exit episode was written by Greg Daniels who adapted the British version for America. In other words, it is the same man who brought Michael into existence in the pilot.
"The Office" returns to original episodes on March 24.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest