Steve Carell's Last 'Office' Episode Airs April 28
Fans of Steve Carell will say goodbye to Michael Scott on April 28. Producers of "The Office" previously said they would send off Michael before the season ends so that viewers will get used to a new Dunder Mifflin boss before the finale which airs four episodes after, on May 19 (the hour-long finale is counted as two episodes).
Carell shot his final scene on Friday, March 4. Co-star Rainn Wilson tweeted, "Steve Carell's last day on The Office. And the angels of comedy wept... #saddestdayever." Star slash writer Mindy Kaling also tweeted, "Fun people descending the set for Steve's last scene. @KenTremendous aka Mose Shrute is here!"
The network is still quiet about how Michael will depart but it has something to do with Will Ferrell's character. The comedian plays another Dunder Mifflin manager and a possible candidate to replace Michael although he doesn't get the job eventually. His first episode airs on April 14 and his last would be May 5.
As a side note, Michael's exit episode was written by Greg Daniels who adapted the British version for America. In other words, it is the same man who brought Michael into existence in the pilot.
"The Office" returns to original episodes on March 24.
More The Office News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard