Target 'Disappointed' by Lady GaGa's Decision to Call Off Exclusive Deal
A few days after news of Lady GaGa ending her exclusive partnership with Target emerged, a statement from executives in the giant retailer was released. "We were very surprised and disappointed by the statements made by Lady GaGa's organization related to her partnership with Target," they said.
Despite rumors that its lack of commitment to support gay community made GaGa unhappy, the retailer insisted to MTV, "Target remains committed to the LGBT community as demonstrated by our contributions to various LGBT organizations, our recently established Policy Committee to review our political giving and our respectful, inclusive workplace environment."
GaGa canceled the deal with Target because they reportedly don't have the same vision to support gay community. "She and Target didn't see eye to eye on Target's policy of political donations and how they affect the LGBT community," a source told The Advocate.
The retailer recently came under fire for making donation to a political action committee that supported an anti-gay politician Tom Emmer. GaGa wanted the retailer to "make amends for the mistakes they've made in the past." Both parties had been in very "intense" discussions about that matter, but it allegedly didn't work out.
"Part of my deal with Target is that they have to start affiliating themselves with LGBT charity groups and begin to reform," she said to Billboard. "Our relationship is hinged upon their reform in the company to support the gay community and to redeem the mistakes they've made supporting those groups."
Target was supposed to exclusively sell a special edition of GaGa's new album "Born This Way". The CD is coming out in the United States on May 23.
More Lady GaGa News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says