50 Cent's Life Meets the Downfall in 'Things Fall Apart' First Trailer
Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson made a shocking physical transformation last year when he shed 54 pounds to star in "Things Fall Apart", and now a look at his acting in the film has been provided in form of a trailer. The video follows his character of Deon Barnes, a promising University of Michigan football player, who dreams of getting drafted by the Miami Dolphins.
A well-liked young man whose winning disposition makes him a hit with just about everybody, Deon has a line on a Heisman Trophy until he one day collapses in the locker room following a big win. After some medical examination, his doctor diagnoses him with cancer.
Deon's blessed life comes crashing down around him as he undergoes chemotherapy, losing his hair and over 60 lbs of muscle, his hair falling out, leaving him an emaciated shadow of his former self. As he struggles to push himself physically, Deon learns that there is always a hope.
"My motivation for the project was my best friend, Charles Pringle. He lived across the street from me; he actually died of cancer," 50 Cent once said on what the film means to him. He stars alongside Ray Liotta, Mario Van Peebles and many others in this sports drama that is directed by Van Peebles.
"Things Fall Apart" has not gotten a U.S. release date.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie