Lindsay Lohan Rejects Plea Deal, Footage of Her Leaving Store With Necklace Out
Lindsay Lohan has officially rejected a plea deal in her grand theft case, it has been reported. On late Wednesday, March 9, her lawyer Shawn Holley had a meeting with Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Keith Schwartz and the prosecutor in an attempt to avoid jail time for the troubled actress, but according to Radar Online, no agreement was made.
One source told Radar, "Judge Schwartz indicated he would give Lindsay LESS than the six months the DA was seeking, if she pled in front of him." It was further noted that the "Machete" actress' attorney "was asking for no jail time, but the judge said he would sentence her to a minimum of 60 days, but likely not longer than 90 days."
Should Lindsay be sentenced to 90 days behind bars, she is likely to serve about 21 days because of overcrowding. The source noted that the judge has "encouraged Holly to discuss what not taking the plea deal will mean for her," before adding, "Unless Holley is able to convince Lohan who is adamant that she not do any jail time, otherwise, Lindsay is headed for a date in front of Judge Sautner."
Lindsay was charged with one count of felony grand theft after being accused of stealing a $2,500 necklace from Kamofie & Co. jewelery store in Venice, California in January. In her defense, the 24-year-old actress claimed that the jewelery item was loaned to her. She is scheduled to appear in front of Judge Schwartz on Thursday, March 10.
Entertainment Tonight has since Sunday, March 6, unveiled bits of the surveillance video that captures Lindsay shopping at the store. On Wednesday, March 9, the site released a brand new footage that offered a look at the troubled actress walking out of the Venice, California jewelry store wearing the $2,500 piece.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army