PTC Slams Gwyneth Paltrow's Character on 'Glee'
The Parents Television Council, as expected, is not letting "Glee" get away with its recent "Sexy" episode. The TV watchdog's director of public policy has slammed Gwyneth Paltrow's character of Holly Holliday for not acting like a real teacher. "Real-world teachers don't lap dance with their students," Dan Isett said.
The Tuesday, March 8 episode saw a scantily-clad Holly opening up her shirt when singing "Do You Wanna Touch Me" and teaching the students sex educations among others. The students also danced provocatively and talked about making a sex tape. PTC 'happened' to watch it and called the scenes "pretty appalling."
In a statement to THR, Isett criticized the conversation between Puck and Lauren. "Most notably was the discussion between a couple of students about wanting to become famous by making a sex tape," Isett noted. "Exactly what kind of message is that?"
According to Nielsen's data, the episode earned a 4.6 rating/14 share in the key demo, up 5% from its most recent telecast on February 22, and averaged 12 million. Isett noticed the show's number and its continual influence on public. "It's sort of funny how the show has evolved," he said. "Because they sort of subconsciously put in these sections that talk about real consequences of behavior like that, but then focus on more [bad] behavior. They try to have it both ways."
Regarding the kind of message that Holly sends, Isett said, "If you had a real-life instance of that, I think it's fair to say the teacher involved would no longer be a teacher. But somehow it's acceptable for a fictional teacher to do this. Again, this is a real problem. Real-world teachers don't lap dance with their students."
But he was still forgiving and praising the show for the conversation between Kurt and his father about safe sex. "Kudos for having a real discussion about those things. You really don't see a responsible sex talk on TV very often," Isett said.
On the last note, he informed that PTC would keep their eyes on the show which appeals to young audience. He said, "It seems like they're running out of risque topics. They've done the full-on sex episode, so what's left? It'll be interesting how they continue to write the show."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!