Wiz Khalifa's New Song 'The Race' Leaks
MTV's Hottest Breakthrough MC of 2010 Wiz Khalifa is ready for world domination, and he lets his fans know in this newly-leaked song "The Race". The Pittsburgh rapper is going to drop his debut studio album "Rolling Papers" later this year, and recorded this track for the upcoming release.
"I'm in the race and taking the winner's place," Khalifa delivers his signature melodic verses. "No foot on the breaks/ One of the best homey, that's what they call me/ It's lonely at the top, ain't no company/ So now I just stunt on my own, I just stunt on my own."
It's a "swag song" with "attitude," he once said during the album's exclusive listening party. "Every song, they were like, 'Man, this is going to the radio.' You could go to the radio with that," he was quoted by MTV. "So they are good songs, but they are also songs that are going to be accepted widely."
"I've got to stick to what I know, what I've been doing," he continued. "My main producers have been doing the bulk of the album, and it's majority done. We're just doing the big songs now, putting some of the features together, but really, it's more personal. You get to see me and feel me more as a person, but it's still that same edgy, that same rawness that people dig."
Wiz Khalifa is set to release "Rolling Papers" in the United States on March 29. The lead single "Black and Yellow" peaked at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100, and spawned many remixes done by the likes of Lil Wayne, The Game and Snoop Dogg.
"The Race" has now been released on iTunes.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'