Selena Gomez Debuts 'Who Says': A Message to the Haters
Selena Gomez dropped by Ryan Seacrest's radio show on Tuesday morning, March 8 to premiere her new single "Who Says". She talked to the "American Idol" host about the premise behind the song and why she chose it as her first single.
"I think this song is such a great message for my fans, and it really touched me when I heard it, and I thought it would be perfect for them," she said. "When I heard it, I feel like my fans need this song right now. Especially with Twitter and Facebook, it's just its really negative for me." The teen singer was recently flooded with negative messages from her boyfriend Justin Bieber's fans.
"Within that world there's just such easy access to people's feelings. So, I think that this song is such a great message for my fans and it really touched me when I heard it," she went on. "Basically it's to the haters. It's to the people that try to bring you down. ... I feel like you can get a 1,000 wonderful comments but just one will throw you off and that's how it is with me"
Despite the song which definitely represents the growth of this 18-year-old star as an artist and singer, she still feels like a 15-year-old girl. "I'm so young! I really am," she said. When Ryan moved on to asking her about her relationship with Justin and her "I miss all of y'all" message to him, she answered coyly, "I miss everyone when I'm on tour, all my friends are gone ... It's nice to miss your friends and family."
Selena also talked about her TV show "Wizards of Waverly Place" which is set to come to an end later this year. "I'm very grateful for my show," she gushed. "It has given me my core fanbase. I owe a lot to Disney Channel, I really do, but I feel like it's been my high school so I think it's time to graduate."
So what does she want to do after graduating? She has the next year and a half of her life totally planned out, and a headlining tour is on it. "I want it to be a big rave," she dissed. "A G-rated rave. I want it to feel like a party. I'm going to do different covers and I just want it to be really fun and just a big party. We're going to do a Britney [Spears] tribute." The tour is planned to start in July. Before it's kicked off, Selena might release her second album first.
More Selena Gomez News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch