'Taking on Tyson' Pits Mike Tyson Against PETA
As expected, PETA is not keeping quiet about Mike Tyson's new TV show "Taking on Tyson" which debuted on Animal Planet on Sunday, March 6. The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals slammed the competitive pigeon racing show for causing the birds "injuries, exhaustion and death".
"Taking on Tyson" follows the former boxer in his quest to enter the competition. "I have a pretty colorful past so you're going to find out some interesting things about me too," he said about his intention on doing the show. "But the main insight is the birds and what they mean in our lives. Even though I might be out there fighting and getting locked up, this is what we do. This is no hobby."
PETA Vice President Lisa Lange said in a statement, "If Mike Tyson truly loved birds, he would fight for their protection - not force them into a 'race' that tears them away from their families and subjects them to injuries, exhaustion and death." Members of the group plan a protest outside his gated Nevada community.
Animal Planet is still quiet about the issue as of press time.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist