'Taking on Tyson' Pits Mike Tyson Against PETA
As expected, PETA is not keeping quiet about Mike Tyson's new TV show "Taking on Tyson" which debuted on Animal Planet on Sunday, March 6. The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals slammed the competitive pigeon racing show for causing the birds "injuries, exhaustion and death".
"Taking on Tyson" follows the former boxer in his quest to enter the competition. "I have a pretty colorful past so you're going to find out some interesting things about me too," he said about his intention on doing the show. "But the main insight is the birds and what they mean in our lives. Even though I might be out there fighting and getting locked up, this is what we do. This is no hobby."
PETA Vice President Lisa Lange said in a statement, "If Mike Tyson truly loved birds, he would fight for their protection - not force them into a 'race' that tears them away from their families and subjects them to injuries, exhaustion and death." Members of the group plan a protest outside his gated Nevada community.
Animal Planet is still quiet about the issue as of press time.
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell