'Taking on Tyson' Pits Mike Tyson Against PETA
As expected, PETA is not keeping quiet about Mike Tyson's new TV show "Taking on Tyson" which debuted on Animal Planet on Sunday, March 6. The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals slammed the competitive pigeon racing show for causing the birds "injuries, exhaustion and death".
"Taking on Tyson" follows the former boxer in his quest to enter the competition. "I have a pretty colorful past so you're going to find out some interesting things about me too," he said about his intention on doing the show. "But the main insight is the birds and what they mean in our lives. Even though I might be out there fighting and getting locked up, this is what we do. This is no hobby."
PETA Vice President Lisa Lange said in a statement, "If Mike Tyson truly loved birds, he would fight for their protection - not force them into a 'race' that tears them away from their families and subjects them to injuries, exhaustion and death." Members of the group plan a protest outside his gated Nevada community.
Animal Planet is still quiet about the issue as of press time.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'