'Iron Man 3' Will Be Like Tom Clancy-Thriller, Director Says
Shane Black, who was recently announced to direct "Iron Man 3", has spoken up on his vision for the upcoming project when he appeared as a panelist at Omaha Film Festival. There is no direct quotation from the helmer but an attendee tells Ain't It Cool News that Black said "it will be more like a Tom Clancy-thriller."
It is further explained what Black meant is that the third film will see Iron Man fighting real world villains instead of "two men in iron suits fighting each other." And despite the positive reception obtained by "Iron Man 2", the studio was not pleased with the direction it took.
Black additionally stated "Iron Man 3" will be made after "The Avengers" and will not feature any other heroes from the Marvel Universe. Marvel is only doing crossover characters as a way to lead into "The Avengers", and after that film is released, the plan is to go back to stand alone, single character stories.
Also on the same occasion, Black confirmed he is writing the movie in addition to directing it. Robert Downey Jr. will contribute to the story and they will meet this week when he returns to Los Angeles.
Downey Jr. will reprise his role as Tony Stark a.k.a. Iron Man in this third installment of "Iron Man" film franchise. Production may begin as early as 2012 for the movie is only due May 3, 2013. Walt Disney Studios has obtained the distribution and marketing rights from Paramount Pictures.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch